We have a current opportunity for a Lead Document Control and Reporting Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Dubai, UAE supporting a multi billion dollar multi energy investment in the Basra region of Iraq.
Candidates must have:
- Degree in a Data Management and/or Documentation management, broad project experience across all aspects in major project developments.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with similar large scale projects & environment. International project experience related to Document Control, capacity to train and coach newly recruited Document Controller personnel.
- Strong knowledge in data management tools (Ms Access, Power BI…) and Document control Management software's.
- Leadership, reliability and work confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
The Job Holder is responsible for:
* All the activities related to Reporting and Document Control all along the course of the development.
* To work closely with Project Document controllers and Reporting engineers within each projects, giving advice and
support to ensure compliance with project's requirements referring to Document Control and Reporting, procedures and
* To review, process and present in a relevant manner to Project Management Team all the data and KPI'srelated to Projects execution.
DOCUMENT CONTROL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To define, develop, implement and maintain a Documentation Management plan detailing the strategy adopted, the
organisation set-up as well as the means and tools defined accordingly.
* The Job holder perimeter is not limited to Project's projects but covers also the management of all affiliate's
* The job holder shall ensure the effective usage of documentation management procedures by all affiliate's entities
(Projects, Field Operations, Contract and Procurement, Drilling and Completions…etc) and in particular to ensure the correct usage and compliance with documentation codifications
* To implement and maintain procedures, specifications, means and tools required to ensure an efficient management of all flows of documents on an electronic form during all the phases of the Project and in all project work locations.
* To organize, supervise, control and support the Documentation section (several Document Controllers) in the
performance of their duties all along the course of the Project.
* To participate in the implementation of the Documentation Management system at Contractors', setting-up and
explaining rules and procedures, jointly with the assigned Document Controller.
* To participate, as necessary, to the Documentation Control and Management, including training of personnel to
procedures / specifications / tools.
* To perform constant analysis of produced documentation to check for compliance with Project standards regarding
numbering, graphic charts, used symbols and all others aspect related to document quality.
* To define, set-up, validate and maintain necessary means and tools for the timely preparation of the hand-over of
documentation to Operations team.
* As a general manner, to provide assistance to the whole Project team for all matters related to documentation
* To observe and impose strict confidentiality in the performance of the documentation management during the
tendering phase and as a general manner all along the course of the Project.
* To gather 'lessons learnt' with regards to Documentation Management matters and provide feedback to all DCCs as
REPORTING TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To manage all Reporting activities, supporting project control teams in their roles, responsibilities and objectives, giving advice and proposing improvements whenever required.
* To be the affiliate focal point for either internal or external reporting.
* Collaborate closely with Business Development department for reporting templates towards external stakeholders.
* To ensure timely preparation of the Project's Reporting and process the raw data provided by projects to guarantee
accuracy and completeness of the data prior to reporting to Project Management Team.
* To prepare and issue additional reporting with whatever required information whenever required to Project
Management Team, partners and authorities.
* To identify any Project trends, drifts, variances data update to ensure continuous monitoring of the Project.
* To gather 'lessons learnt', provide feedback to other Project entities as required and participate in the enhancement of
Project Reporting expertise within Project.
* To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE, to implement and control HSSE rules and
requirements within his area of responsibility. To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard to Ethics and
project "code of conduct" policy
* To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
* To ensure accuracy and completeness of the data and documentation.
* To provide Project Management Team with insightful reports that effectively allow early identification of drifts and
implementation of remediation plans where required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.