We have a current opportunity for a Lead Contracts & Procurement Engineer on a contract basis. This is a residential position based in Paris for at least 12 months. For further information about this position please apply.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the European Union.
Candidates must have recent and relevant experience in a supervisory position, ideally working directly for an Oil & Gas operator.
The successful candidate is accountable for leading the contracts, procurement and expediting activities also adding the evaluation and negotiation of any contractor's claim; support the Project Control and Project Team in all matters relating to Contracts & Procurement area and shall contribute to delivery of the project in time, in budget and in accordance with HSE standards.
It is responsible for all the activities relative to the Project in the following domains:
1. Responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects relevant to the prequalification, preparation, issue, receipt, opening and assessment of tenders and award of contracts.
2. Represent team on Contract issues at both internal and external meetings.
3. Provide Contracts and Procurement advice to team.
4. Ensure Contract Variations are identified early and advised to Package Contract Representative.
* Minimum of 15 years in Contracts & Procurement experience (preferably in Oil/Gas Industry).
* Experience in a supervisory position.
* Experience in contract formulation activities, systems and processes coupled with a superior working knowledge of engineering, construction and service delivery practices operating in Fabrication/Construction
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.