Location: North Chicago, IL
Contract Length: 6-months (Possible extension)
Pay: $16 p/h (with Healthcare and 401K included at cost). Higher rate possible with benefits excluded.
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 7am - 3:30pm
Laboratory Technician I
- Calibrates inspection, measurement, and test equipment (Pipettes, Timers/stopwatches/Digital clocks).
- Maintain accurate calibration data/records with the computerize system database (Maximo)
- Will work with management and other technicians within the lab to learn pipette calibration fundamentals, working to produce calibrations using systems Software (Maximo, Calibry and Pipetto).
- Learn fundamental calibration techniques and processes.
- Develop skills necessary to perform calibrations independently.
- Perform schedule calibrations, demand calibrations, new calibrations etc.
- Should be able to troubleshoot and repair or preplace out of tolerance devices.
- Perform analysis for repair prevention.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to learn new skills regarding calibration and calibration process.
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred but not required, GMPs and GLP.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficiency outlook computer software.
- Basic organizational and time management skills.
- Be able to follow written directions, written procedures and SOPs.
- Some experience calibrating pipettes or some experience with pipettes in general prefer.
- Be able to navigate computer software, be able to be sited for 2 hours, be able to work with tools and small components.
- Be a team player, be able to work with different people and maintain a good working environment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.