- Posted 02 May 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of JV Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Advance the Asset's interests in all JV, and infrastructure partnerships, activities and projects throughout the asset life cycle from exploration to decommissioning, in order to maximise value for company and the Company.
* Represent the Asset on JV technical and management committees as appropriate.
* Manage effectively Partner relations. Maintain and develop relationships with JV operators and Partners to ensure maximum influence is exerted within the JV, and/or to develop alliances with others where appropriate.
* Manage the processes to progress internal and Partner approval of AFEs and budgets.
* Manage Infrastructure providers so as maximise the value of the transportation agreements to company.
* Pursue third party business for the asset.
* Manage the efficient and timely submission of Quad 9 field Production Consents
* Negotiate and complete Agreements as required working closely with the Legal team and S&B.
* Ensure effective communication with Partners, UK Authorities, and build and maintain highly positive and constructive relationships with all contacts. Responsible for effective communication and liaison with the OGA.
* Ensure that commercial best practices are followed, share expertise in the area of joint venture management and promote the transfer of such expertise to other areas of the company and group.
* Ensure consistency and maintain awareness of the "wider picture" with respect to other Company and industry activities.
* As part of the Asset, and its aim to make agile working a regular activity, every asset team member should expect to be nominated to work in small short duration task forces on various subjects (not necessarily associated with their core discipline) for up to 20% of the time.
Experience & Qualifications:
* MSc/BSc (Hons) Degree
* Significant experience in the oil and gas industry, with relevant commercial experience and an appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance)
* Good working knowledge of UKCS upstream joint venture business practices and key players
* Excellent commercial skills with a working knowledge of the technical background to operations general management
* Clear understanding of the interactions and constraints (political, economic, technical, commercial) involved in joint venture/asset development and management.
* Good negotiation skills and strategic vision, and proven ability to influence and persuade.
* Highly developed planning and communication skills.
* Extensive knowledge of applicable corporate procedures and processes, and statutory policies / specifications .
* Ability to represent the Asset both internally and externally at a senior level.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/053571.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.