- Posted 14 May 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our E&P client is seeking an experienced IT Business Analyst to support there IS/IM systems for their onshore and offshore assets. This is a STAFF position based in Aberdeen.
Candidates should have a proven background in supporting IT both onshore and offshore particularly in the areas of business systems.
* Primary IT focal point for the operated assets; owns the IT/Operations relationship. Proactive, positive and professional engagement with local asset management team; fully aware of IT requirements, issues and opportunities.
* Accountable for demand management for their assets in accordance with company's demand management process. Gathers high-level business requirements and defines scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews and facilitating group/cross-functional sessions with the asset organisation and external stakeholders as required.
* Works with the assets to develop and implement solutions that improve cost efficiency, increase business effectiveness and create value.
* Responsible for building the Digital asset for P&E o Define the overall digital strategy
* Project and Engineering IT/IM tools (O365, HubSites, PIMS, Planning tools etc.)
* Cyber Security compliance
* Ensure that all IT Ops systems (Data, Applications and Infrastructure) are in place
* Leads in development of business cases to support asset development which require IT-based solutions.
* Coordinates overall IT activity towards the operated assets; works closely with the Global IT functions to communicate, inform and engage with around IT changes, updates, requirements, developments and projects. Acts as point of escalation for the asset as required.
* Acts as project manager for small scale scopes and/or interacts with PM's assigned to the larger scopes - using company's simplified project control guidelines which are largely based on a simplified PRINCE2 / gated process. Preparation and/or facilitating Requests for proposal, Requests for Information and Requests For Quotes.
* Creates project plans, budget, cut over plans, project effort estimations for projects which they are responsible.
* Works closely with the Digital Asset Programme Lead to progress company's Digital strategy, supports and coordinates proof of concepts, trials and scaling of digital initiatives.
* Works closely with other Asset Support Advisors to drive consistency of support where possible, share best practice and coordinate delivery of digital initiatives.
* Is fully aware of cyber security contexts and implications related to the assets and specifically for the offshore / industrial environment. Is aware of standards such IEC62443, ISA99, NIS directive (EU) etc and will support cybersecurity audits and actions.
* Develops and maintains suitable domain knowledge of typical asset operations (e.g., production and maintenance activities) as well as strong awareness of IT applications used to support such operations, with particular focus to IoT, real-time contexts. Be able to contributes to the company's adoption of digital twin and industry 4.0 solutions Ensures the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
* Implements all company IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, change, approval, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
* Supports user adoption of new systems and applications though training, awareness raising, user experience testing and feedback.
* Performs regular and compliant reporting and control duties including progress reporting, issues, change, vendor & license management, cost control. Challenges budgets and estimates to ensure best value for company
* Manages financial aspects of the IT asset budgets, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review. Tracks ROI on business initiatives including cost and risk. Manages licencing and renewals for asset systems and applications
* Negotiates and administers local supplier contracts and service agreements in partnership with company Procurement and supply chain
Experience & Qualifications:
* Suitable education, ideally at degree level with appropriate experience in IT, networks, offshore communications or similar
* Extensive relevant experience from the Oil & Gas industry, and knowledge of the E&P business.
* Excellent business relationship /client facing skills: capable of building strong relationships with the business and working well as part of a team.
* Strong coordination, collaboration and organization skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrable experience in delivering technical IT support
* Experience in project set up, planning and delivery
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054052.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.