- Posted 05 August 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of IT Solutions Architect, based in Aberdeen.
* Liaise with other company's stakeholders to align and agree on Architecture standards.
* Designs, maintains and enhances solution architectural blueprints and integration designs (typically through creating standards and guidelines) in support of business requirements for new services.
* Responsible for ensuring that Architect standards are defined and effectively communicated across the IT organisation.
* Identify improvement opportunities with existing solutions and work with others to incorporate these improvements into ongoing roadmaps.
* Contribute to the identification of what emerging technologies should be incorporated into technology offerings and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
* Contributes to prioritisation of change activities to protect, maintain or enhance IT service delivery in the longer term
* Provide technical governance for deployment and adaption of solutions. Providing feedback and working with stakeholders and external parties to reach consensus to allow timely delivery of outcomes.
* Drive the adoption of commodity solutions and drive delivery from off the shelf cloud-based offerings where possible.
* Facilitate identification and evaluation of technological risks, including sustainability of solutions, ensuring mitigation plans are in place and escalate these risks where required.
* Provide a leading role in defining Business Continuity plans and ensuring that technology solutions are sufficiently robust to manage risk to an acceptable level.
* Proactively work with project delivery teams to ensures solutions designed at project/ programme level are aligned with architecture standards and principles.
* Provides support to others within the IT function, especially during the design phases of change activities.
* Maintains a detailed understanding of the primary IT architecture in use at company's - architecture, inter-operability and configuration
* Ensures that security requirements are embedded into solution designs and performance assessments against company's best practice.
* Contribute to the identification of service improvement related activities and help develop plans to realise these improvements.
* Help drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
* Contribute to appraisal activities to ensure adopted solutions are technically acceptable.
Experience & Qualifications:
* BSc/MSc in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field or/ equivalent work experience
* TOGAF 9 qualification or similar
* Solid understanding of IT technologies and service provision for an Oil & Gas environment
* Skilled at influencing, guiding and facilitating stakeholders and peers with decision making.
* Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
* Good understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
* Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
* Considerable experience of Change and IT Lifecycle Management processes
* Detailed understanding of the overall IT ecosystem (business information, data, applications, network and security) and the various options to deliver on the intended outcome
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Knowledge of procurement and contract negotiation
* Working knowledge of IT security processes and systems
* Experience in architecture design and solution development
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/055760.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.