Great opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding Oil & Gas Operator as an IT Operations Technology Engineer, based in London with international travel.
My client is a highly ambitious energy company, who focus on Sub Saharan African projects, the management team are fully committed to creating substantial growth in the short to medium term and to support this growth ambition they are looking to increase the depth of the team in the Information Technology function.
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
- Ensure effective security of OT network and associated applications.
- Technical design including writing functional and technical specification.
- Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design issues.
- System installation, configuration, performance testing, and tuning.
- Develop system models, visualizations and dashboards, analytical equations, and reports
- Involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Experience working in Industrial Operation Technology in the oil and gas industry with knowledge of typical OT and IT components of operations, their architectures, and data structures: PLC, DCS, SCADA, and similar.
- Excellent experience working on the full life cycle of projects (design, development through to testing and commissioning).
- IT/OT networking, communication protocols, and server hardware/software configuration.
- Technical knowledge of various systems providers e.g., Siemens, Aveva, Rockwell and Honeywell
- Knowledge of the following systems
- Energy Components.
- Industrial data historians such as OSIsoft PI System. Developing best practice designs incorporating the full OSlsoft stack.
- SCADA and control systems (Honeywell).
- ESRl, ArcGIS, and Oil Field Manager.
- Good understanding of security, network, and TCP/IP protocol.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex production issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to facilitate interactive design and functional specification sessions.
- Team player, able to work with management in developing and implementing new processes and enabling systems. Able to work with end user groups to define application needs and identify feasible solutions.
- Strong analytical problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to meet objectives and effectively multi-task.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to motivate others and a customer-focused service attitude
This is a permanent staff position with a competetive base salary & benefits available. The role is based in London, with international travel expected as part of the role.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.