- Posted 07 September 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of IT Business Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Apply business analysis skills to validate and understand business problems, document requirements, and deliver recommendations of solutions
* Create necessary documentation to support effective communication to the business and IT peers throughout delivery of assigned activities
* Ensure consistent and controlled delivery of solutions by adhering to company's Project
* Management methodology and IT Change Management processes.
* Collaborate with application vendors when/if issues occur with assigned applications from the company's portfolio to provide timely resolution.
* Plan for and undertake maintenance activities such as patches and upgrades for assigned applications
* Proactively develop good working relationships with business stakeholders and other IT group
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified to degree level in an Engineering or Computer Science Qualification
* Oil and Gas Upstream Technology and Application Landscape
* Experience in stakeholder engagement/management up to senior levels
o Experience of applying Requirements Engineering and Business Process Modelling skills to document requirements aligned to a business vision/problem.
* Strong Technical writing skills e.g. preparation of business cases, project communications, test plans or other user documentation
* Comfortable managing vendors to deliver agreed services
* Effective prioritisation and time management to own/lead multiple activities at the same time
* Understanding of GDPR and when assessment is required
* Understanding of structured, real-time, and unstructured data through various sources and technologies
* Knowledge of project management methodologies and a track record of delivering against plan
* Knowledge of change management principles
* Permanent position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/055160.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.