- Posted 14 May 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of IT Analyst (Infrastructure & Operations, Server Support, UK), based in either Aberdeen or Uxbridge.
* On-going administration, support and maintenance of Infrastructure Services including Windows Physical and Virtual Servers, Messaging Systems, Remote Access, Hyperconverged infrastructure.
* Ongoing administration, support and maintenance of datacentre infrastructure - local and remote.
* Monitoring of performance and capacity of all services and design, installation, and support of upgrades to the server, storage and data centre infrastructure in line with anticipated business requirements and agreed technology roadmaps and standards.
* Adhering to the Company Call Management Process for the resolution of problems logged and service requests assigned within the call management system as well as other general processes and procedures.
* Adhering to the Company Change Management process in the communication and coordination of changes that impact any Company production computing systems.
* Participation in the IT on-call rota
Experience & Qualifications:
* Prior experience of implementing and supporting IT Infrastructure, OR Previously been in a Windows Server Engineer role, OR Someone who has had a number of years of IT Helpdesk/Desktop support who could demonstrate good knowledge of Windows based technology and showed a willing to develop into the role.
* Strong Technical writing skills e.g. preparation of business cases, project communications, test plans or other user documentation.
* Experience working with escalated support tickets.
* Experience proactively planning system updates and upgrades.
* Operational Data Centre management and maintenance.
* Comfortable managing vendors to deliver agreed services.
* Effective prioritisation and time management to own/lead multiple activities at the same time
* Understanding of GDPR and when assessment is required.
* Knowledge of change management principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054062.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.