- Posted 26 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Interface and Value Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide interface management leadership and support all interfaces across the project and project lifecycle.
* Developing and implementing the Project Interface Strategy and Interface Management Plan.
* Leading all interface activities throughout the Project
* Lead interface meetings, support interface decisions, and drive discussions on key interface topics
* Develop and maintain the Interface Scope-Split Matrix.
* Owning and update the Interface Action Register. Assigning and distributing actions. Actively tracking action progress until action close out.
* Actively engaging with Package Managers and Development Team to ensure there is clear understanding in respect of the interfaces, who has ownership and is responsible for the interface and who needs to be kept informed of the interface outcome.
* Track interfaces and report the status and criticality of the interfaces.
* Monitor incoming interface queries from contractors and ensure that they are transferred to interfacing packages and/or contractors for response
* Attend all regular project review meetings and identify all new interfaces. Preparing meetings minutes, summary reports and decision papers. Assigning and tracking actions.
* Providing regular progress reports to the Technical Manager and input to project's reporting standards on KPI's, lessons learned, etc.
* Developing, updating and maintaining the technical integrated lifecycle cost model.
* Developing robust CAPEX assumptions and contingency planning,
* Cost and value optimization analysis of the project's technical elements ensuring lowest possible LCOE is achieved.
* Providing results of scenarios to Package Leads, Functional Leads, Deputy Technical Manager and Technical Manager.
* Promoting and working within the project management, health, safety, quality and environmental procedures and actively managing the safety and personal welfare throughout the term of the project.
* Representing the company and project at industry projects, events, forums and to external stakeholders in respect to issues related to offshore works
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, preferably in an engineering discipline.
* Experience in an interface management (preferred).
* Significant relevant work experience in the offshore wind industry or large-scale offshore projects with a proven track record in interface management.
* Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure and deliver high quality and optimised results.
* Strong technical knowledge and background on offshore wind projects.
* Chartered Engineer and Membership of professional body (preferred).
* Stakeholder management ability and the capacity to communicate across all levels.
* Good understanding of the UK H&S legislation applicable to the offshore wind industry is a plus.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in multicultural environments, with the ability to enable effective discussion with international partners.
* Excellent organization and coordination skills with the ability to manage own workload and meet timescales.
* Ability to build and manage relationships and cooperate with a number of external and internal stakeholders, sometimes under tight timescales.
* Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English.
* Technical knowledge and interface and value management skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063064.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.