- Posted 04 May 2022
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Instrumentation Technician, based Offshore on a 2 / 2 rotation.
* Instrument Maintenance - Maintain safety instrumented systems to design and performance standards, conduct planned and unplanned maintenance, repair and replacement activities on the offshore instrument systems, according to the work programme, maintenance planning and in liaison with the Shift Supervisor and E&I Team Leader, so that the equipment is fit for purpose and operating in a safe manner. Advise the Supervisor and Team Leader on need for external assistance from vendors or other third party contractors. Recommend ways to improve existing maintenance operations, to increase equipment lifetime and reduce replacement costs.
* Troubleshooting - Execute urgent and first line maintenance and ask for technical expertise support from the E&I Engineers, E&I Team Leader or vendors, to determine the best way to resolve the situation and reduce the impact of consequences. Perform root causes analysis of unexpected and structural instrumental failures, as requested by E&I Engineers, report on findings and make recommendations to prevent future failures and reduce costs.
* Inspections and Calibration - Carry out planned inspections, identify problems and take corrective action as needed, in liaison with the OIM and the Team Leader, in compliance with operating procedures, HSEQ policies and other rules and legislation. Perform test routines and calibrate instrumental equipment, reporting performance anomalies to the Team Leader and OIM as appropriate. Support vendor-requested instrument and metering audits.
* Detailed Work Planning - Prioritize and plan own planned and unplanned maintenance activities within own area of expertise during the shift, in line with the work program and offshore operational planning and in consultation with the OIM. Advise OIM and E&I Team Leader whether work can be done more efficiently, to use vendor time and scheduled down time effectively.
* Stock Requisition - Identify replacement parts and other stock that needs to be requisitioned. Move stock and materials to and from all work sites and perform work activities neatly and efficiently, according to appropriate procedures, including HSEQ, in order to guarantee sufficient availability of material and its use in a safe, environmentally sound way.
* Administration - Administer work orders, maintenance activities, system modifications and other relevant information into MMS and report to the E&I Team Leader and OIM, in line with operating procedures and formats, to ensure the availability and accuracy of information during maintenance or modification activities and comply with legislation and HSEQ standards. This includes communicating relevant information to the next shift, according to handover reporting format.
* Contractor Supervision - Guide contract personnel or specialist in own area of expertise, supervise, review and evaluate the quality of their repair or maintenance activities according to industry, legislative and company standards. Report findings to the E&I Team Leader, in order to assure that maximum quality work is executed by contractor personnel.
* Health, Safety, Environment and Quality - Comply with HSEQ procedures, rules and regulations and contribute to building awareness among other personnel in- and outside the department, in order to maintain and continuously improve a safe and healthy working environment. Conduct and/or attend safety briefings, recognize and correct unsafe or hazardous conditions to minimize accidents, incidents and environmental harm. Participate in the emergency team to ensure fast resolution of emergency situations and protect the safety and security of all personnel and equipment.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A BTECH or ONC in an engineering subject as a minimum is essential to provide the underpinning knowledge in dealing with the technical issues that arise.
* Vocational level, Instrumental or Electrical Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years of instrumental offshore experience in the E&P industry
* Current valid Offshore Survival, Offshore Medical and MIST
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054440.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.