- Posted 21 June 2022
- SalaryUp to US$30 per hour
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
Instrumentation and Calibration Technician II
12+ months initial contract
Hourly Rate: $30/hr
Shift Hours: 3rd shift (4334 nights, 6pm-6am)
Orion Group is seeking a reliable and efficient Instrumentation & Calibration Technician to work in Austin, TX for our medical device manufacturing client.
Calibrate instruments and devices in the calibration and preventive maintenance program. Resolve complex repetitive instrument problems. Assist Calibration supervisor in determining preventive maintenance and calibration programs/ maintenance procedures is followed. Trouble-shoot and repair instruments and systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on any instrument or device in the calibration program.
* Provide the technical expertise for assisting the supervisor in developing documented calibration/preventive maintenance related to instrumentation.
* Assist in the design, fabrication, check-out, start-up and acceptance of new or modified utility or production-related equipment.
* Assist the supervisor in assuring that all instrument calibration/preventive maintenance programs are properly maintained, and instrumentation procedures and standards are followed.
* Perform assigned procedures, calibration/preventive maintenance duties.
* Trouble-shoot and repair instrument and instrument loop problems.
* Complete assigned training and assist in training of other personnel as directed by supervisor. May act as Qualified Fellow Employee (for training) purposes after completing QFE requirements.
* Maintain proficiency in calibration procedures.
* Determines materials required for maintenance repairs.
* Adhere to cGMP guidelines, SOP's, safety rules/regulations and plant policies/rules.
* Provide technical expertise for assisting the supervisor with determining work schedules, job estimates, and project costs.
* Perform other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Knowledge & Skills
* Must be able to read and comprehend trouble-shooting manuals and blueprints/schematics.
* Must be able to effectively use hand tools, calipers, micrometers, gauges, meters, temperature, pressure, force, etc., test instruments/ electrical and electronic test instruments.
Minimum Qualifications, Education & Experience
* High School diploma and a minimum of 3 years related industrial instrumentation/calibration experience required. 6 or more years' experience preferred.
* Associates Degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics or Military Training in calibration preferred.
* Must have previous experience with metrology.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Typically works in environmentally controlled areas 90% of the time and approximately 10% in non-air-conditioned areas. Work in manufacturing areas which include cleanroom environment.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and up to 100 lbs. assisted.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.