- Posted 27 October 2022
- Salary Health, Dental, Vision provided by employer
- Contact NameTravis Weaver
This position is for a site assignment at client's facility in Channelview TX. Anticipated normal work week is 50 hrs. Work schedule is 5 days/wk (10 hrs/day); weekends may need to be worked due to criticality of activities. Assignment is expected to last 6-8 months. You will assigned to the Houston office upon the completion of assignment.
* Serve as a technical resource for the control systems and process automation field specifically related to Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) Functional Safety, including American National Standards Institute (ANSI) / International Society of Automation (ISA)-84, and Instrumentation Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 61505/61511 - Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector.
* Develop and/or support the development of all SIS Functional Safety and SIS related deliverables including Functional Safety Plans, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA} calculations, SIF Lists, SIF response time calculations, SIL verification calculations, test plans, Safety Requirements Specifications, I/O Lists, Range/Alarm/Trip/Shutdown schedules, system block diagrams, cause/effect logic matrix, function block (Boolean) diagrams, logic narratives, SIS hardware/software/configuration specs, etc.
* Develop SIS Functional Safety scope of work documents.
* Support the incorporation of SIS Functional Safety content into the mechanical equipment vendor packages.
* Prepare engineering specification and requisition packages for inquiry and purchase.
* Support the development of material/labor total installed cost (TIC) and engineering/design effort hour cost estimates.
* Prepare technical bid evaluations and make recommendations for purchase.
* Interface with suppliers to ensure compliance with specifications.
* Review vendor data to ensure specifications and project requirements are met.
* Provide technical direction for the selection of items to be specified, ensuring compliance with client requirements and standards.
* Check specification/requisition packages prepared by others.
* Support piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID} development.
* Help maintain the P&ID's through the course of each project phase.
* Support the development of the Instrument Index and input/output (I/O) List.
* Help maintain the Instrument Index and I/O List through the course of each project phase.
* Participate and facilitate Functional Safety Assessment and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) / Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) Assignment Review Meetings.
* Bachelor's in Instrumentation/Controls engineering, experience in the oil & gas, refinery, and/or petrochemical industries, including direct experience in the specification of field instrumentation and 2 years of experience applying industry and end user standards in Functional Safety or Safety Instrumented Systems.
* 10+ years of experience Analytical Instrumentation (Process analyzers, gas analyzers/chromatographs, analyzer sample systems, Analyzer shelter design, etc.)
* Must be able to work independently and proactively on tasks assigned as well as collaboratively with an integrated team
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment due to accelerated schedules
* Candidate must be able to communicate well (oral and written) in English language
* Candidate will need to be able to trouble shoot existing I&C designs, assist in the development of scope and functional work-arounds for existing issues.
* I&C Field Instrumentation Commissioning experience is a plus
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.