Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Instrument & Controls Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
Applicants must have the full legal rights to work in the UK.
* Provide Instrument, DCS, Control, F&G and Safety systems engineering support as required. Frontline Telecomms support is also required.
* Provide support in the control and management of software security management and software change.
* Provide support in the control and management of cyber security.
* Provide technical support to offshore Operations, which may entail extended offshore visits.
* Ensure all modifications to the Instrument & Control systems fully comply and meet with the requirements of the appropriate UKCS Legislation, Asset Verification Scheme, Company Specifications, Standards and Procedures including management of change procedure.
* Provide operational and specialist instrument engineering, control and safety systems support to modification or study teams or projects in line with the technical management of change procedure.
* Assist in setting budgets which are realistic, will fulfil business needs and manage expenditure for all work scopes within the limits of those budgets
* Generate scopes of work, detailed cost estimates, and, where necessary, compile maintenance and minor modification work packs for offshore implementation.
* Maintain Instrument and Control Specifications, Standards and Procedures and be the local owner of appropriate Instrument, Control and software management procedures.
* Carry out Technical Integrity Audits in line with the in software, instrument and control management systems and maintenance as part of the Technical Audit Programme.
* Ensuring that all requirements, deadlines, and support services for FPSO Operations, Construction, Maintenance and Materials are met and carried out by offshore personnel
* Meeting the corporate targets set for the company
* Ensures a significant focus on safety with regards to the FPSO facility daily operations. Leads and participate in a proactive safety performance and KPl's.
* Lead and participate in a proactive safety performance and KPI's and provide appropriate input to the Process Safety management system.
* Participate in equipment failure investigations and incident investigations as required.
* Management of Sub Contractors and suppliers ensuring supporting vendors and suppliers comply with company standards i.e. Safety Management, Quality Management and Corporate Social Responsibility
* Ensures compliance with the Operations Safety, Health, Security and Environmental Management Systems for all assets/facilities are met within areas of own responsibility
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (or equivalent), as well as relevant engineering experience either onshore or offshore in an associated organisation. Previous experience with ABB ICCS systems would be an advantage; specifically, 800xA platform.
* Chartered Engineer or qualifications leading to this are desirable.
* Significant experience in Oil and Gas Operations with experience in a similar role related to FPSO operations.
* Ability to work as a member or leader of a team and communicate effectively with onshore and offshore staff at all levels.
* Demonstrate skills in Instrument and Control engineering problem solving particularly with modern microprocessor based control, shutdown, metering and Fire and Gas systems.
* An awareness of budgetary control and the ability to deliver tasks to program and cost targets.
* TUV (or equivalent) Functional Safety Engineer qualification is desirable.
* Knowledge of HSE Cyber Security Operational Guidance OG-86 is desirable.
* Must possess knowledge of business and operational planning processes
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/066414.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.