- Posted 13 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameRen White
Instructional Design Professional - Six month contract, extendable.
Looking for four Instructional Design Professionals, one for each function: Sales, Engineering, Quoting, New Markets
Flexible to work from home several days a week but candidates must be local to Longmont.
Work Schedule: 3 office, 2 days remote (may be flexible week to week)
The Instructional Design Professional will serve as a training leader for your sales business function and work with a larger integrated instructional design team. This role will be responsible for helping subject matter experts (SME's) create effective instructional content while supporting and managing said content within an LMS (Learning Management System). In this role the Instructional Designer will leverage ADDIE standards (or similar) in support of technical teams in building training definitions, skill-checklists, examination criteria, and course content for both Live Instruction and eLearning mediums.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
* Use Instruction Design Standards to produce the following:
* Lead Discovery Sessions with subject matter experts (SME's)
* Design Training Objectives & Skill Targets
* Build & Guide Skill-Checklist content based on SME input
* Build & Manage Examinations based on SME input
* Coach and help build course content for live instructor lead courses
* Coach and help build course content for eLearning online content
* Serve as the Training Leader for the Sales business functions:
* Travel required: 10% for facility visits at any of 7 global factory locations
* Promote and Elevate the Nexus Controls Internal Training Brand
* Develop new technical training curriculums and content using Instruction Design techniques (i.e. ADDIE design)
* Drive continuous improvement feedback loop discussions to improve training
Success of this role will be measured by following:
- Net Promoter Score (?75%), Internal Feedback survey's regarding training content
- Effective create Training Content, accurate Skill Checklists, and effective Examinations
- LMS content integration into the overall LMS Architecture: Create, Maintain, Manage
- Effective student scheduling for live instructor classes
- Effective eLearning content access & organization
* 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited university/college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years commercial or engineering experience)
* 2 years Instructional Design Experience: LMS experience, creating eLearning content, using ADDIE (or other) Instruction design standards for building content.
* Language Required: English Fluent
* Instructional Design Experience, skill-development curriculum design
* Gas Turbine, GE Steam Turbine and BOP knowledge
* Turbine Control engineering or services commissioning
* Demonstrated communication & organizational skills
* Soft Skills trainings or certifications
* Proficiency with Excel, MS Office, MS Project Builder, windows OS navigation
* Strong interpersonal skills, team player
* Technically communication & business acumen to drive overall solutions
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.