- Posted 05 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationPort Arthur
- Contact NameBreanna Casimiro
We have a current opportunity for a Inspection Supervisor on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Port Arthur, Texas. For further information about this position please apply.
* Oversee the planning, scheduling, and execution of inspections of operating piping systems and equipment to monitor its integrity, predict failures, prevent unscheduled shutdowns, and extend equipment life; assure the completed product complies with engineering drawings specifications, nationally recognized industry codes, and good construction practices.
* Develop, write, and maintain equipment files and computer programs which contain design data and drawings, documentation of work performed, repair history, corrosion history, and thickness trends to comply with regulatory laws and industry practice and aid in determining mechanical integrity and ensuring reliability.
* Develop a training plan for company inspectors to maintain and increase the department level of competence.
* Provide technical support to engineering by reviewing drawings, weld procedures, and construction practices to assure they comply with company engineering specifications and national fabrication codes.
* Provide inspection support to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws.
* Participate in audits facilitated by regulatory agencies such as Texas Railroad Commission, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, United States Coast Guard, EPA, TCEQ, and OSHA.
* Provide outside shop vendor surveillance of new equipment construction and repair of damaged equipment.
* Participate on the Area Availability Improvement Teams providing technical recommendations related to inspection and to achieve targets as set forth by PAR including assisting in casual analyses, establishing availability critical equipment, and monitoring operating windows.
* Directs M&ME department's activities during M&ME Superintendent's absence.
* Direct the Inspection Department to maintain the mechanical integrity of pressure equipment through the use of RBI to identify and perform the appropriate inspections to mitigate the type of expected service related damage, management of the data related to the Inspection programs to ensure data integrity, consistence, and security; utilize the latest inspection methods to ensure that equipment is fit for the expected service and make necessary recommendations to prevent equipment failures and to ensure that equipment complies with applicable codes and standards.
* Inspections of equipment, piping, and tankage throughout the refinery to ascertain mechanical integrity. Thorough documentation and record keeping along with an extensive computer based monitoring database, PCMS (Plant Condition Management System) and Risk Based Inspection (RBI), help schedule inspections and predict replacements of equipment and piping system failure occurs. Accuracy of inspection data (history of equipment, corrosion rates of piping systems) is a crucial element in predicting failures.
* Assigns workload and assumes the need for attention to a job. Contract Inspectors and NDE Technicians work directly under the authority of the Mechanical Inspector to obtain specific goals set by the Inspection department under the direction of the Inspection Supervisor.
* Interacts with all levels in the refinery. Refinery RBI Steward. Oversees all function of implementation and maintaining software program. Create and implements inspection plans based on risk and type of damage.
* High School Diploma or equivalent with 15 years of documented inspection experience in a refining/petrochemical facility and experience with NDE techniques
* Risk Based Inspection implementation (API-580); API (510 and 570) and CWI certifications preferred
* Ability to understand interpret engineering standards, drawings, and codes (ASME, API, AWS, ASNT, and TEMA)
* Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
* Good oral, technical writing, communication, interpersonal, and troubleshooting skills with strong computer skills and database management experience. Administrative background to assist with budget preparations
* Some travel and overtime is required in this position, mainly to attend training classes or conferences
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.