- Posted 15 June 2022
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
LOCATION: Houston, TX
II. POSITION SUMMARY
- First and foremost, to be an ambassador for safety of company as well as any other contractors in the field
- The position is responsible for supporting the Company source inspection team, facilitating the inspection process, in support of domestic and overseas projects. Work closely with specifying engineers, project team and procurement center to monitor & continuously improve supplier performance to drive toward no defects on delivered material, including issue resolution of inspection findings.
- The position shall be familiar with the inspection work processes. Ensure that the work processes are completed properly during the steps of inspection operations, familiar with the requirements, local and international standards/codes stipulated in Company Specifications and applying the requirements in daily inspection work correctly.
- The ability to review welding procedures, NDE procedures, along with the applicable Inspection and Test Plans from the vendor(s) to verify that they meet the PO requirements, in support of the Specifier or their appointee.
- Travel to the site to oversee the inspection efforts. Mentor the site inspection team to ensure a positive continuity between the Site Lead, Site inspector(s), Air Products Project Team as well as the Client representatives
- If need arise, to coordinate inspections at the main and/or sub-vendors facilities to make sure the inspections per the ITP have been scheduled and completed.
- Upon occasion, to have the physical ability to perform shop floor inspections at the vendors facilities. In the heat, cold or climbing in and out of the equipment safely.
- Experience in the manufacturing of Electrical and Instrumentation on skid packages, pumps etc.
- Shall provide concerning feedback to the project team in a timely manner and cooperating with project, expediting and sourcing team to preemptively avoid any quality issues. Raise the quality issues and summarizing lesson learned from previous projects during daily inspection work and pre-inspection meeting for vendor performance improvement.
- The position shall review and distribute the inspection reports in timely manner after each inspection visit Ensure the site inspection team is reporting all NCR's, quality issues and punch items found during the inspection visit. Also, to ensure that the site inspection team is keeping track, and recording vendor's correction for issue resolution.
- Supporting project execution activities. Share experiences / best practices with team members.
III. NATURE AND SCOPE
- Responsible to ensure the 3rd party inspectors undertake the quality control per the PO requirements at the vendor's facility during product manufacturing to ensure consistent quality, complying with all code, standard and company specification requirements as stated in the PO.
- Responsible for manage all the 3rd party inspection efforts. For instance, but not limited to, to ensure that the review of the material certificates and trackability, welding, dimensional, cleanliness inspections, and witness testing is being completed and in a timely manner. Performing final inspections of equipment as defined in the ITP.
IV. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Understanding of the Source Inspection work processes
- Coordinate and manage inspection as per project / operations requirements (specified in ITPs)
- Check with supplier on realistic production status and preparation work prior to inspection activity, avoid ineffective inspection man hour happen.
- Input ITP/QCP steps into SPMAT to finish the preparation before any inspection activity
- Understand inspection requirements defined in Air Products Specifications
- Provide effective inspection service including timely reporting and support to each domestic and overseas project
- Once key quality issues found during the inspection activities work closely with project, function team and timely communicate/report to the project or function engineers and supervisor
- Participate with global quality communication and learn/share helpful experience
- Report NCR issues, and track NCR, Punch list timely
- Continuously push local vendor to understand/meet our requirements based on effective communication with function team
V Critical Competencies
- Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-confidence
- Positive attitude, results driven, self-motivative
- Hands-on and able to work under pressure
- Ability to make difficult decision within the defined work scope
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with external suppliers
- Ability to work cross functionally within Air Products
- Good knowledge of mechanical drawings, metal material performance and welding processes & welding procedures
- Skills to utilize inspection facilities and instruments
- Working knowledge of Smart Plant Materials (SPMAT), SAP, MS tools
- Good organization and written presentation skills, an eye for detail and the ability to write concise reports and minutes of meetings
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Over 10 years of working experience as a quality engineer / inspector
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline,
- Certifications in welding inspections, NDE (LP, MP, UT, RT) desirable
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.