- Posted 27 April 2022
- SalaryUp to US$36 per hour + Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameDanielle StGeorge
Industrial Engineer I
12 month initial contract/ temp-to-perm
Orion Group is now hiring for an Industrial Engineer I to work a temp-to-permanent position for our intravenous medical device manufacturer in Austin, TX.
The primary function of the Industrial Engineer I is to assure the authenticity, efficacy and viability of the manufacturing process.
The industrial Engineer I is accountable to provide operating personnel with safe, timely, effective methods to produce a quality product.
The Industrial Engineer I supports the development of all manufacturing costs, including direct labor and raw material, and the preparation and publication of meaningful, accurate and current data in these areas.
INDUSTIRAL ENGINEER I RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs time and motion studies, work sampling/thru-put constraint analysis. Verifies standards assumptions.
- Spends time in area to help analyze manufacturing operations to reduce commodity falloff and downtime, enlisting manufacturing, engineering and maintenance resources to improve yields and run time.
- Ensures methods comply with cGMPs
- Maintains and updates the plant MPR system and Data III with respect to Industrial Engineering responsibilities
- Helps establish labor and material manufacturing performance standards for daily operational activities and develops operating projections for profit plans and updates
- Scopes, writes and routes for approval, Requests for Capital Expenditures
- Supports plant cost improvement activities to include the identification, development of financial justification, RCE preparation and implementation of savings ideas
- Evaluates and implements improvements to operating systems throughout the Plant
- Adheres to cGMP guidelines, SOPs and plant rules/policies
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER I QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering Preferred
- Good oral and written communications skills.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.