We have a current opportunity for a ICSS & SPS Control System Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Paris.
The service holder shall ensure the following missions:
* To take the responsibility, under the Engineering/Topside Manager's, of part of the ICSS and SPS control system activities, as defined by his hierarchy:
* To control FEED engineering by timely reviewing / validating the discipline-related documentation issued by the Contractors (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests...), in compliance with Project specifications and procedures, Company General Specifications and international norms and standards, with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimize costs without impacting the required level of Quality and Safety. Raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues.
* Supporting during tendering process
* Direct the FEED contractors to effective resolution of all interface matter related to ICSS and SPS control system engineering
* Ensuring correct and timely information is provided by FEED contractors to other contractors
* Assisting in interface management with other packages
* Answering FEED Contractor technical queries as necessary
* Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
* Getting assistance from Company specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
* Providing inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary
* Issuing reports and presentations as necessary
* Participating in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensuring implementation of recommendations as necessary
* Liaising actively with all concerned technical specialists involved in the technical development / management of said contracts. The service holder shall also have to liaise actively with other Line Managers (HSE, QA ….) and with specialists from Project Services (planner, budget, and cost control) for the development / management of contracts.
* Performing the close-out of Contract(s) with respect to Entity and Project procedures.
* Participating in reducing contractual risks associated with interfaces with others packages and highlighting potential risks occurring during the execution of the contract.
* Timely reporting to the management, assisting him, as required, in communication with Project Management, and highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Qualification: Engineer or equivalent
* Languages: English mandatory, Portuguese would be a plus
* Professional Experience: 15 /20 years in Oil & Gas industry on Offshore Projects / Fields
* Experience within project: ± 10 years with sound engineering experience in ICSS and SPS control system engineering
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.