- Posted 01 September 2022
- Salary 32 days holiday + overtime
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameAngela Henderson
Hydraulics / Mechanical Fitter
Rate - £12.01 - £12.50 per hour + overtime + benefits
Location - Dalgety Bay
Our client a successful Engineering Manufacturing business is seeking to source experienced Hydraulics/ Mechanical Fitters.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings.
* Good knowledge of mechanical skills essential
* Working experience of hydraulic systems desirable.
* Welding experience.
* Would suit previous automotive, mechanical or agricultural maintenance or similar industry.
* Flexibility on shift and overtime hours.
* Knowledge of production processes
* Previous experience of working within a strong safety culture
* Previous experience of working as part of a team
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure units are produced to standard times and quality targets
* Ensure work area is kept tidy and hazard free
* Ensure any defect tools are reported to the Cell Leader
* Report any health and safety issues/concerns to Cell Leader
* Ensure agreed stock levels are maintained
* Handling sensitive issues with care and thoughtfulness
* Demonstrate a positive attitude to new ideas and approaches
* Able to work with others, communicating and building robust working relationships with
other departments and people across the business
* To support other members of the team in times of pressure
* Actively participate in, and contribute to, team meetings, and to carry out agreed action
points within the time frame set.
* To handle confrontation when faced with conflict in a professional and calm manner.
* Ensure work is focused upon the needs of the customer
* Able to adapt working patterns and proactively engage flexibility and change
* Able to accept ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned.
* To be a positive ambassador for the business
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.