Orion Group are working with an International energy services and solutions company who are currently recruiting for an HSSEQ Director, based in Hull, England.
You will be part of a forward-thinking company, dedicated to driving energy transition and establishing an integrated energy hub to support net-zero objectives, enhance UK energy security, and align with regulatory energy transition commitments.
As the HSSEQ Director, you will be responsible for setting the strategy for Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Quality. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and line management for HSE specialists to ensure the timely delivery of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Plan for our Business Unit.
- Collaborating with the senior leadership team to provide insights on safety performance, safety improvements, and strategic business decisions.
- Serving as the custodian of the Safety Management System (SMS) for our organization.
- Ensuring that sustainability is a core value reflected in all decisions we make, including projects related to our journey to net zero and hydrogen production/storage.
- Setting the direction to assess and record the Business Risk Management & Controls (BRMC) process to ensure it meets the requirements of the Business Unit.
- Assessing and supporting the business unit in achieving higher levels of safety maturity.
- Engaging continuously with contractors at our sites.
- Creating and managing the HSE improvement plan, encompassing occupational safety, environmental concerns, and risk and controls.
- Setting direction on various emission reduction plans and Net Zero initiatives at our sites and implementing the Environmental Management system (EMS).
- Providing direction and support to the asset management teams in the investigation of accidents, incidents, and near misses, with the aim of identifying root causes and making recommendations to prevent a reoccurrence. Ensure actions are implemented and lessons are learned throughout the organization.
- Identifying, evaluating, and sharing best practices with other assets.
- Actively encouraging and establishing the participation of safety representatives to create a positive, forward-looking safety culture.
- Directing relevant regulatory inspections at our major accident hazard sites.
- Through the HSSEQ teams, ensuring appropriate support is provided to additional projects and to the Energy Transition Team within our organization, supporting the hydrogen storage journey.
- Establishing the participation of safety and environmental representatives to promote a positive culture and framework focused on high levels of health, safety, and environment performance.
- Setting direction on the Quality Management system in our organization, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with own and industry standards.
- Ensuring the prioritization of the physical security of all our sites and the regular practice of emergency response plans.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A self-starter with the ability to develop appropriate HSE initiatives and improvement plans.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster wider relationships within our industry.
- Chartered IOSH status is preferred.
- A NEBOSH diploma in Health, Safety, or Environment.
- Understanding of the relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation applying to operational assets.
- Experience of working within the associated major accident hazard environment is essential.
- Experience and knowledge of key processes within a high hazard environment, such as control of work, management of change, maintenance management, competency, etc.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering practical improvements leading to improvements in safety and/or environment.
- Demonstrable experience of using technology to deliver improvements in safety and/or environment.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/069247
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.