- Posted 11 June 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of HSEQ Technical Assistant, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide support to the HSEQ team in regard to operational HSE processes and procedures and compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
* Study data and conduct reviews with subject matter experts.
* Index and cross-reference documents such as Safety Case, procedures and manuals.
* Produce or arrange for illustrations, charts, and photographs to be included in publications.
* Edit, standardise, or revise material prepared by other writers or personnel.
* Prepare layout of material for publication.
* Prepare rough drafts of documentation for review with subject matter experts and/or customers.
* Coordinate safety training programs or communications for onshore and offshore staff.
* Manage administration of SYNERGI incident management database and training of personnel in its use.
* Manage administration of WorkRite Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessment database and conduct DSE assessments as Company's nominated DSE Assessor.
* Manage administration of SEVRON COSHH365 risk assessment database and training in its use.
* Assist with Safety Spectacles Scheme.
* Undertake other administrative tasks to assist the wider team as directed by management.
* Ensure compliance with Company Operational Safety, Health, Security and Environmental Management Systems is met within areas of own responsibility.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Formal qualification in Occupational and/or Technical Safety
* An understanding of UK offshore regulatory regime and internationally recognised standards e.g. OSHA (Occupational Safety and Hazards Administration), British Standard/ISO standards, International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and ISM (International Safety Management) regulations, requirements and best practices.
* 'H' Grades in Scientific/Technical subject/OND in a relevant engineering discipline, as well as engineering experience either on or offshore.
* Demonstrable sound skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* An awareness of budgetary control and the ability to deliver tasks to program and cost targets.
* Willingness to visit offshore (ideally with existing quals and experience).
* Experience in FPSO Operations, or experience in a similar role, and having worked and familiar within an HSEQ team environment.
* Knowledge of operational planning processes.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054624.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.