Our client is currently recruiting for the position of HSEQ Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Development, maintenance, and management of operational processes and procedures, compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation, and the maintenance of the installation Safety Case.
* Collate, analyse, and interpret statistical data related to accidents, incidents, and occupational illnesses, and the preparation of associated reports.
* Ensure accurate and timely reporting of work-related accidents and illnesses as required by UK legislation.
* Responsible for the monitoring and managing of measures to minimise and eliminate accidents, health hazards, and damage to life and property.
* Assist in reviewing project work packs to ensure compliance with safety standards and legislation.
* Arrange and conduct/assist in HSE audits offshore and at subcontractor locations as necessary.
* Monitor, report and analyse the implementation and close-out of corrective action measures in Synergi.
* Ensure that incident investigations are conducted in a thorough and timely manner.
* Participate in incident / accident investigations as necessary.
* Develop and coordinate safety training program for onshore and offshore staff.
* Counsel managers and supervisors on health and safety matters and contribute to safety meetings as required.
* Participate in and facilitate BAUK Emergency Response arrangements - including assigned role on a rota basis.
* Participate in and facilitate Regulatory onshore and offshore meetings and inspections
* Participate in forums, workshops etc. as necessary (e.g. Step Change in Safety, OEUK etc.).
Experience & Qualifications:
* A formal qualification in occupational and/or technical safety e.g., NEBOSH / NVQ / Degree or other equivalent.
* Appropriate certification for offshore travel in the UKCS is essential, or the willingness to obtain this.
* Significant experience of working in a HSEQ position within the UK oil and gas industry is essential, preferably in a duty holder environment.
* Experience of Floating Production Storage & Offloading (FPSO) assets is preferable, but not essential.
* Experience of, and involvement in, the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Health, Safety and Environment processes and procedures for operation of oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, or refining facilities.
* Experience in the development and management of an operational Safety Case is preferable.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the regulations, requirements, and best practices within the UK offshore regulatory regime and internationally recognised standards, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Hazards Administration), British standard/ISO standards, International Maritime Organisation (IMO), and International Safety Management (ISM).
* Demonstrable experience and understanding of Permit-to-work (PTW) systems, preferably with electronic systems (in particular Proscient).
* Excellent knowledge and awareness of Step Change in Safety and Offshore Energies UK (OEUK) and the resources available from these organisations.
* Ability to travel offshore (potentially at short notice) at Management request as required.
* Ability to work with people at all levels both within and outwith the company with demonstrable experience of dealing with clients and regulators.
* Should have good leadership and team building qualities, sound inter-personal skills and be culturally aware of working within a multicultural work force.
* Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to conduct presentations and write reports.
* Familiarity with occupational health legislation, processes and procedures.
* Familiarity with the principles of process safety and understand their implementation in offshore operations.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/068120.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.