- Posted 03 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NamePhil Butcher
The position carries out safety supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. The Field HSE Manager will oversee and supervise safety at job sites throughout the United States. Specifically, ensures safe and healthy working conditions through inspections, reports, recommendations and training to promote safety consciousness. This position ensures Company compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
* Actively supports the achievement of company goals and objectives by applying knowledge of construction safety. Continuously strives to improve day-to day processes and practices in safety, ensures project activities remain focused on safety, and considers customer expectations and feedback to make recommendations for improvement.
* Builds rapport with field technicians through site visits, communication, and leading by example.
* Ensure the safety, reliability and dependability in compliance with company policies as well as OSHA regulations.
* Establish and maintain relationships with governmental agencies.
* Prepare, maintain and monitor department records, manifests and reports that pertain to EHS as required by state and federal laws and regulations.
* Collaborates with Project Supervision and builds consistency in safety practices and procedures on all efforts. Ensures policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to as well as protect the company's interests.
* Develop/Manage an annual training plan that outlines who will be trained, the training topics and the estimated date(s) that training will be conducted. As a minimum, training programs must meet all applicable legal requirements.
* Manage and monitor workers' compensation return to work programs.
* Investigate all accidents, injuries, illnesses and hazards and make corrective action recommendations.
* Assists in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities and assures adherence to company and regulatory policies and practices through conducting regular walk through inspections of construction work areas and identifies, documents and recommends resolution of hazardous conditions and follows through to insure corrections have been made; prepares for or reviews customer safety requirements and/or issues by participating in pre and post project review meetings with Operations.
* Company liaison for OSHA inspections.
* May work with craft employees and project supervision on the jobsite on issues such as confined space, excavation, fall protection, etc.
* Builds and maintains positive working relationships with craft and other internal/external customers. Facilitates communication of company and safety policies, procedures and standards.
* Coordinates emergency response.
* Maintains safety manual and mandated records.
* Manage the HSE department operating budget, identify necessary capital and operating expenses necessary to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Manage Fleet IQ.
* Investigates personal injury and property damage accidents; compiles data, photographs, etc.; prepares forms and incident reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents. May assist in coordinating and overseeing the return-to-work program for injured workers, follows through with employees on a regular basis to ensure program guidelines are adhered.
* Maintain OSHA record keeping and annual filing and posting requirements.
* Maintain and edit the existing Employee Safety Manual and Injury & Illness Prevention Plan.
* Specify and requisition safety materials, tools, and equipment.
* Establish, implement and maintain environmental programs, policies and compliance with environmental federal, state and local regulations.
* Manage Safety Technician.
* Bachelor's Degree or 5 years experience in Construction Safety Roles
* Thorough understanding of local, state and federal regulations/requirements
* Understanding of California Health and Safety codes a plus.
* Knowledge of construction industry preferred
* Valid Driver's License
* Position requires minimum 50% travel
* Certified Safety Professional and/or Industrial Hygiene preferred
* Ability to work in an autonomous environment with minimal direction and instruction
* Detail oriented
* Clear communication with strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to travel
Physical Demands & Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job may require the following: working inside a controlled environment and walking outside for periods of time in varying weather conditions. Sitting for extended periods of time, working extended hours and extensive travel. Must be able to climb, bend, twist, stoop and kneel. Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.