- Posted 26 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameStevie Denoon
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of HSE Lead, based in Algeria.
Need to have the ability to communicate in French/Arabic. Due to visa restrictions, the home location for contractors can only be Europe or North Africa.
* Developing annual HSE improvement plans in line with Company and Partner strategic and business unit objectives
* Managing the project HSE interface requirements; ensuring compliance with all existing interface documents and in the development of future plans
* Ensure the requirements stipulated in HSE interface documents/plans are communicated to all relevant personnel including Subcontractors
* Managing HSE incident investigations and undertaking the appropriate reporting requirements.
* Manage the JV and subcontractor audit program
* Liaising with and build relationships with HSE interfaces as required
* Managing attendance and participation at project HSE meetings, workshops and forums
* Maintaining a system for monitoring HSE performance and reporting requirements
* Develop & implement the site HSE visit program for both self and for project/contract management and for JV management
* Drive the delivery of the Construction HSSE Plan.
* Manage the training requirements for the site workforce and management team and ensure that all project participants are provided with the tools and knowledge to allow them to work within the safe operating envelope of legislation, procedures and competence.
* Provide safety coaching and support to the workforce including in behaviours and interventions. Specifically, this will involve contributing to building a proactive/generative culture of personal accountability where safe behaviours are re-enforced, and at-risk behaviours are challenged.
* Actively promote safety initiatives and campaigns aligned with driving an improved safety culture.
* Monitor Construction activities to ensure safety behaviours and standards are adhered to
* Support and coach personnel in the Risk Assessment process.
* Coach and support personnel in formal Safety Inspections and Audits.
* Support Supervisors and work parties with the development of Risk Management
* Support the hazard report card system called i-Care
* Communicating the important messages from incidents and accidents as a part of the Lessons learned process to all relevant parties
* Promoting and communicating lessons learned from within their own project; reporting deficiencies within project and corporate functions and recording all reportable issues within HSE systems
* Ensuring the project emergency response arrangements are in place and are communicated to all personnel; ensuring that project requirements align with JV requirements
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant experience in Construction HSE leadership.
* Experience with residential facilities in MENA region, particularly in Algeria or French/Arabic speaking environment.
* Possess sound knowledge of civil construction, earthworks, concrete and utility risk.
* Communication Skills - Must have very good written and oral communications.
* Strong proven experience of contract negotiations and management.
* Good interpersonal and analytical skills, strong initiative, and drive.
* Committed and flexible on work location in support of overall project goals.
* Working knowledge of the environment throughout North Africa region.
* Strong leadership and team building capabilities.
* Must be able to work independently or with limited supervision.
* Demonstrable commitment to company and JV values
* Commitment to continuous improvement.
* Languages: Fluency in English & French required, Arabic preferable
* Good communication and team-working skills
* Commitment to HSE and in particular safety and assurance and the need to drive down incidents and accidents across the industry
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062421
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.