- Posted 13 May 2022
- Contact NameGary Watt
We have a current opportunity for a HSE Advisor on a temporary basis. The position will be based in Westhill. For further information about this position please apply.
* Provide HSE advice, guidance and support to project's, departments, worksite and subcontractor personnel, ensuring compliance with internal processes, legislative, industry best practise and client specific requirements.
* Encourage and promote a positive attitude towards HSE awareness and risk management, including reporting of HSE issues and communication of and participation in behavioural based safety programs.
* Assist in the development of HSE objectives and the review and revision of HSE related processes and procedures at a corporate level.
* Develops and implements relevant project HSE documentation, including Emergency Response documentation, and ensure that this is in compliance with the HSE Management System.
* Monitor effectiveness of project HSE and ER documentation throughout the project life cycle.
* Responsible for early engagement with the engineering process, attending methodology and operations reviews and identifying opportunities to eliminate risk where possible.
* Develop, chair and participate in the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment process.
* Identify and advise on project specific training requirements.
* Implementation of environmental procedures, ensuring all environmental aspects have been identified, and mitigation plans have been put in place.
* Implementation of occupational health procedures, ensuring all OH aspects have been identified, and mitigation plans have been put in place.
* Carry out corporate and project HSE audits, preparation of project specific audit schedules and terms of reference where relevant, ensure recording of audit in Synergi system and follow up to ensure effective closure of findings identified.
* Liaise with the client on project HSE matters, includes chairing regular HSE engagement meetings.
* Management of subcontractors ensuring they are meeting the required HSE standards.
* Attendance at Vessel mobilisations, presenting safety briefings and engaging in safety conversations with the vessel personnel.
* A recognised HSE qualification, NEBOSH NGC or equivalent.
* Good level of experience in a related industry.
* Experience of offshore operations in the subsea construction sector.
* An excellent working knowledge of UK HSE and Marine legislation, and application of this to onshore and subsea construction activities.
* Knowledge and experience of risk assessment techniques, and implementation of those.
* Formal auditing qualification with experience in carrying out audits, both internally and externally.
* Formal incident investigation training with experience in participating in incident investigations and sharing and implementation of any lessons learned.
* Fully conversant in HSE Management Systems.
* A strong track record in HSE delivery, with proven skills to develop and maintain HSE systems, procedures, processes and programs.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.