- Posted 08 September 2022
- Salary £50000 - £55000 per annum + PAYE
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 + extensive benefits
Location - West Fife
Our client, an established and expanding engineering manufacturing business is seeking to appoint a HR Manager to join their leadership team.
Job summary: As a member of the Senior Management Team to be actively involved in all aspects of the business, with specific responsibility for the Human Resources function whilst demonstrating a knowledge and understanding of the external environment within which we operate to identify opportunities that may be of benefit to the business. To work proactively and implement initiatives across the business to achieve best in Class HR practices.
HR strategic plan.
Performance and development objectives.
- Developing a HR people strategy in alignment with the company's overall strategy, ensuring the company is recognised as an employer of choice
- Attend, present, and contribute to the Director Meetings, Senior Management Meetings.
- Lead, motivate, and inspire the HR team to deliver a value-added proactive HR service to the business to advance employee engagement and company performance
- Management of the HR budget in conjunction with Finance; approval, monitor and control of spend throughout the year.
- Proactively provide advice and guidance on, and manage employee relations issues such as disciplinary and grievance, absence, performance management and other key HR areas including recruitment, attrition, restructuring, redundancy, and redeployment.
- Support HR projects and initiatives that are aligned to the business strategy.
- Promote the wider use and value of annual appraisal and personal development plans, and general learning and development activities.
- Undertake management development activities by coaching, influencing, and sharing knowledge to increase managers abilities to manage their teams and take responsibility for their HR and employee issues.
- Drive well executed change management and organisational design programmes.
- Support and input into the Employee Engagement action plans, providing advice, guidance, and ideas as required.
- Amend and develop effective and appropriate HR policies and procedures to implement throughout the business. Provide advice and interpret such policies as appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the business, HR trends and employment legislation and pro-actively use knowledge to provide excellent customer focused value add service provision.
- Regularly assess area of responsibility and use initiative, creativity and knowledge to encourage change to improve business performance through improved HR activities.
- Work in conjunction with management teams to promote the culture of the organisation to all employees through inclusivity, diversity and empowerment and the values of accountability, teamwork, integrity, and trust.
- Completing generalist HR activities such as recruitment including management of VISA sponsorship scheme, on-boarding, exit Interviews.
- Overseeing of payroll with 3rd party provider.
- Completing all monthly report such as headcount, absence, org charts, starters/leavers data, payroll reporting.
- Administration of all staff benefit schemes such as private health care, pensions, employee benefits, EAP, Critical illness and bonus.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.