- Posted 26 May 2022
- Contact NameGary Watt
We have a current opportunity for a HR Intern Shared Services on a temporary basis. The position will be based in Westhill. For further information about this position please apply.
Develop a working knowledge of HR administration, with the opportunity to gain exposure and contribute towards the People and Culture practice. Provide administration support to the People & Culture Shared Services team, including, but not limited to:
- Onboarding - issue contracts of employment and new start documentation, undertake pre-employment reference checks, update relevant HR systems, and raise 'PeopleNow' onboarding case, complete electronic filing, notify key stakeholders and conduct first day employee induction.
- Employee Data Changes - raise employee data management changes in 'PeopleNow', issue amendments to T&C's (change in work location, line manager, job title, mass changes, promotions or transfers) and complete electronic filing.
- Exit Management - issue relevant exit documentation, raise 'PeopleNow' exit management case, cease employee benefits, calculate outstanding holiday entitlement, notify key internal stakeholders, complete electronic filing, and schedule exit interview.
- Leave Administration - support with the administration of sick leave, paternity leave, maternity leave as well as assisting with employee holiday entitlement and time writing queries.
- Immigration - conduct right to work checks, complete regular immigration audits, and maintain the visa status tracker.
- Support the employee population with general queries.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
- A genuine interest in Human Resources Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- An understanding of importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Proficient skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
- Strong team player.
- Working towards or achieved a relevant degree.
- Secondary school level educated.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.