- Posted 30 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameEmma Smart
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of HR Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
▪ Develops and maintains strong customer focused relationships with employees and Managers, providing a timely and accurate HR service
o Acts as a first point of contact for employees, ensuring that they are fully aware of policies and processes, and provide responses and guidance in line with company's HR policy and practice
o Responds to internal and external HR related enquiries- escalating to HR colleagues as needed
▪ Supports the recruitment process, including assisting with interviews, managing the offer process, including verbal offers, and onboarding to ensure a positive candidate experience.
▪ Facilitates careers events and coordinates schools' outreach, Career Ready and Intern programs.
▪ Manages the onboarding of new hires, ensuring they are fully aware of benefits, policies, systems and processes required to effectively settle into the company.
▪ Acts as the point of contact for leavers, ensuring they have the information and support they need. Conduct exit interviews and capture outputs for MI.
▪ With support from the relevant HRBP, manages and resolves straightforward employee relations issues, including grievances, performance improvement, etc. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Supports HRBPs with more complex cases. Produces regular overall case management progress update.
▪ Work closely with our external Occupational Healthcare provider in support of our sickness absence management process. Liaise with the employees impacted, OH, managers and HRBPs to ensure a smooth and considerate process.
▪ Takes on project roles as part of the development or delivery of broader organisational and HR initiatives and programs.
o Supports projects and initiatives being led by HRBPs and HR Specialists such as the annual reward review.
▪ Management of change HR focal point for organisational changes.
▪ Work in partnership with HR Business Partners and Managers on performance management and employee development initiatives and actions.
▪ Supports HR Business Partners with monthly headcount review and ensure changes are captured in Workday so the monthly reporting to Finance is up to date. Coordinate input for the HR Business Partners for the annual plan and headcount reforecasts.
▪ Continually looks for and implements more effective and efficient ways of delivering HR solutions.
▪ Proactively works across the team, but particularly with the HR Coordinators, to provide robust and coordinated support to the business and HR Business Partners. Working with People /Leadership
▪ Proactively maintains their technical and interpersonal skills and competencies, ensuring capabilities are up to date and in line with industry/functional best practice and that behaviours are in line with the company's core Values. Understand the skills, competencies and behaviours required for their role.
▪ Collaborates effectively, adapting their behaviour and communication as needed to get the best from others. Effectively promotes ideas and opinions and is able to influence others in a constructive way. Maintains good relationships across all organisation levels.
▪ Presents and articulates ideas and arguments effectively, projects credibility and conviction, handles objection and incorporates others' ideas as appropriate. Makes / proposes informed decisions having consulted widely.
▪ Is familiar with and adheres to the company's people policies and procedures. Performance Management & Development
▪ Is accountable for their performance and delivery against objectives. Agrees their objectives in a timely fashion, assertively expresses what they need from others to be successful, takes on feedback and learns from their failures.
▪ Lives the Values and is a strong advocate of the company's culture - understands and role models the behaviours expected.
▪ Provides clear, honest and constructive feedback, both positive and developmental, to colleagues, team members and others when requested. Be open to feedback received and incorporate into their development.
▪ Owns their development plan and discusses it regularly with their manager and L&D. Strives for continuous learning and development of their competencies, skills and behaviours. Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
▪ Recognises bias, conscious or unconscious, and actively works to eliminate this from their approach to their work and colleagues.
▪ Eliminates the use of language that may leave others feeling excluded or discriminated against. Positively participates in discussion and collaboration on D&I in their teams and amongst peers, which persuades and brings positive change when needed.
▪ Treats all people equally and with consideration of protected characteristics and understands the company's ED&I policies.
Experience & Qualifications:
▪ Embeds company's Values and associated behaviours into their everyday work and interactions, continuously learning and developing associated competencies and behaviours.
▪ Great communication skills that informs/shares knowledge clearly and unambiguously. Builds rapport and is building the skills to be able to influence in a constructive way.
▪ Proven ability to work collaboratively, within their team and across the organisation and externally as required.
▪ Networks effectively internally and externally, creating an immediate, positive and credible impression on others.
▪ Highly visible, enthusiastic and people focused style
▪ Great organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, meet tight deadlines and take responsibility for timely and accurate completion of tasks
▪ Ability to manage and analyse data, track KPIs and use them to drive performance.
▪ Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
▪ Actively seeks out areas for development and improvement within the business
▪ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritise accordingly
▪ Competent user of Microsoft office applications
▪ Has a robust knowledge of applicable HR regulation and standards, as well as the company's HR policies and practices.
▪ Developing knowledge of HR disciplines and the role HR plays in organisations.
▪ Developing a strong contextual understanding of the business and using this to learn to understand how to develop people solutions to business challenges and risks.
▪ Developing questioning, coaching and influencing skills
▪ Keeps up to date on developments in the HR profession.
▪ Degree qualification in a relevant discipline
▪ CIPD certification or working towards
▪ Graduate with a number of years HR generalist or specialist experience
▪ Demonstrable relationship and HR advisory skills
▪ All company's mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063647.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.