We have a current opportunity for a Heavy Duty Mechanic and/or Apprentice Mechanic on a contract basis. The position(s) will be based in Central Alberta.
Are you a skilled and experienced either as a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic or an Apprentice Mechanic looking for a rewarding opportunity with a well-established trucking company who wishes to be home every night? Look no further! We are seeking dedicated and knowledgeable individuals to join our client's team in these positions.
- Repair and replace faulty components, such as engines, transmissions, brakes, and electrical systems.
- Perform required diagnostics, and tasks on a variety of heavy-duty trucks and equipment.
- Conduct thorough inspections to identify and diagnose mechanical issues.
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical problems using advanced tools and techniques.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with safety standards and regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repairs performed.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure efficient workflow and timely completion of tasks.
In order to be successful, your skills and qualifications will include:
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of a formal Heavy Duty Mechanic apprenticeship program is preferred.
- Journeyman certification as a Heavy Duty Mechanic (Red Seal or equivalent) is highly desirable.
- 1st or 2nd Year Apprentice Mechanic opportunity available
- As a Journeyman, proven experience in diagnosing and working with heavy-duty trucks and equipment.
- Strong understanding of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and regulations related to heavy equipment maintenance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with colleagues and management.
- Competitive compensation rates based on experience and qualifications.
- Tools provided if required
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Access to ongoing training and professional development opportunities for apprentices.
Join this dynamic team and contribute to the success of a leading Central Alberta Used Trucking Company and be part of the transport industry that needs you. If you have the skills, experience, and passion for maintaining and repairing heavy-duty equipment, we want to hear from you!
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.