- Posted 06 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameFaraz Sattar
We have a current opportunity for a Head of Worker Welfare on a contract basis. The position will be based in Doha. For further information about this position please apply.
In collaboration with ESW, Pioneer Camp and EPC CONTRACTORs, establish and steward a Worker Welfare management program for the NFS Onshore, including protocols for Safety, Social Works, Industrial Hygiene (IH), Camp Management, Mental Health, Human Rights, Grievance Management, Dispute Resolution and other Welfare related matters in line with Project, Qatargas (QG), and Ras Laffan Industrial City (RLIC) Welfare policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
Provide visible front line leadership in providing project oversight of EPC CONTRACTOR's Worker Welfare programs and facilities over the course of Project execution and drive the EPC Contractor's Worker Welfare performance to meet the NFS On shore's SHES Performance Excellence expectations and standard.
1. Support PMT EPC SHES Heads and CONTRACTORS to identify Worker Welfare requirements as stipulated in the relevant laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and NFS Onshore CONTRACT as well as relevant CONTRACTOR SHES Plans and Procedures, such as Camp Management Plan and Health and Welfare Procedures.
2. Supports the establishment of CONTRACTOR's Worker Welfare standards, protocols and systems in the Camps and on Site in compliance with the relevant requirements.
3. Ensures that suitable COMPANY oversight is provided for CONTRACTOR's, Camp Operators and Subcontractors to sustain the NFS Onshore requirements in terms of Worker Welfare management and achieve high performance standards.
4. Demonstrates visible leadership through attendance at key Project activities such as management camp walk-throughs, award programs, worker welfare events and camp committee meetings.
5. Supports the PMT/EPC/Subcontractor joint SHES Audit Teams in the planning and execution of Camp and Welfare audits, and participates in these audits where deemed necessary and provides subject matter expert input.
6. Ensure workers are treated fairly in compliance with the Labour Law of the State of Qatar and International Human Rights, with strong focus on the retention of identity documents, abuse, intimidations, harassment, restriction of movement, discrimination, workplace violence and bullying.
7. Maintain and frequently review Worker Welfare performance data and generate performance reports, charts and graphs, and provide regular performance reports to the PMT and EPC Leadership Teams and recommend improvement action plans with a risk based approach.
8. Closely monitors the Camp accommodation and food standard in all EPC Camps and reports deviciencies immediately to the Leadership Teams for intervention, in collaboration with PMT Camp O&M Head, OH&MC Head and SHES specialists dedicated to camps.
9. Ensures that Worker Welfare related programs and protocols are established and sustained through out the Project duration. These programs and protocols will include as a minimum Safety, Social Works, Industrial Hygiene, Camp Management Standard, Mental Health, Human Rights, Grievance Management, and Dispute Resolution.
10. Carries out jointly with CONTRACTOR and Subcontractor representatives daily "Field Listening Tours" to talk to workers about their perception of Worker Welfare, with the aim to identify worker's dissatisfaction with welfare arrangements or the absence of welfare requirements, and report these deficiencies to the Leadership Team for intervention.
Qualifications & Knowledge and/or Experience
* Bachelor degree in Psychology or equivalent Humanities & Social Sciences degree
* Minimum of 15 years' experience in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry.
* Experienced in worker welfare, social issues and EPC Camp Operations.
* Excellent written and verbal English skills.
* Strong planning, organizational and prioritizing skills.
* Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Good computer literacy skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.