Head of Technical Department
- Posted 22 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Head of Technical Department, based in Scotland. Will consider candidates from Europe.
* Ensure respect of plant procedures and plant integrity.
* Ensure delivery of value-added engineering modifications within the MOC process.
* Ensure soundness of engineering completed.
* Ensure that construction methods are suitable to the plant and are appropriately planned ahead to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness.
* Ensure efficient (prioritized and complete) integrity management system which complies with applicable regulations.
* Promote technical capability inhouse as well as availability of external contractors when needed.
* Ensure process safety and plant integrity - Ensure Hazid, Hazop, and safety engineering are organised and supported.
* Guarantee consistency and technical soundness of root cause analyses.
* Provide operational assurance and support competency of the wider GTG team.
* Liaise with company's Technical Authorities to align practices and obtain support and assurance.
* Liaise with other departments in particular other Operations functions, HSE, procurement and finance.
* Manage direct interfaces with Sonatrach colleagues in order to establish & maintain good relationships, to promote a one team culture and to maximise the use of the corporate strengths of both partners.
* Ensure that KPIs are properly defined, assessed, and followed-up.
* Propose, own and execute technical department budget. Engineering, Inspection OPEX and Modification CAPEX Budget ($5-15m purchases/contracts + $5m staff).
* Support and manage competency and performance evaluation of the team.
* Support recruitment of company's secondees and contribute to the proper resourcing of surface operations (personnel, logistics, services, organization, etc).
* GTG team members from either partner, including CPF, Wells and Maintenance department heads
* Operation Director, HSE Manager from either partner, GTG GM and Deputy GM
* company's MD, Algiers technical support,and company's Technical Authorities
Experience & Qualifications:
* University Degree (Bac+5) in production of hydrocarbons.
* A significant breadth of onsite brownfield maintenance experience gained within the Oil and Gas sector at senior level.
* Demonstrated competence as an Engineering Technical Authority and Execution Manager.
* Experience of commissioning and/or performance improvement modification.
* Experience of work in multicultural environment
* Experience of work in remote location with limited supply/contractor availability
* Experience working in a JV environment preferred, ability to deal with multicultural organization and manage skill gaps.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a large team.
* Proven contribution to safety and delivery.
* Understanding and commitment to process safety and MOC.
* Communication skills applied in written, spoken or electronic media, and ability to manage and influence stakeholders
Fluency in English required. Ability to work in French or Arabic is preferred.
* Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
* Takes ownership and accountability, makes well-timed and informed decisions
* Works collaboratively, able to engage colleagues of different department and build incentive to set and deliver an objective, shares knowledge freely
* Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations, sense of initiative
* Strong problem solving capability, Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
* Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
* Ability to analyse value of proposed modifications.
* Proven track record in operations and involvement in startups/business setting
* Rigorous and safe technical culture and creativity are a plus
* Demonstrate HSE Leadership and contribute to GTG Safety performance and Culture
* Understands maintenance implication on process safety and able to drive and promote strong personal safety behaviours in execution and strict adherence to key policies (PtW, MOC, Isolation in particular)
* Be a role model and support compliance with the GTG Life Saving Rules. Conducts Management Safety Walks as required.
* Deep understanding of safety risks and knowledge of safe technical working ways on a live plant (i.e. hot tap, pressurized habitats, safe rope access) are desired to improve, guarantee and maximise safety of operations undertaken
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062375.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.