- Posted 19 September 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Head of Operations Department, based in Algeria.
French or Arabaic language skills are essential.
* Compliance to HSE rules and safe execution of all operations is of paramount importance
* Lead the team and ensure coordination with JV partner
* Safely Achieve production objectives while respecting safety rules and operating procedures, operating withing process envelope and ensuring the strict application of charters, rules and safety and environmental instructions.
* Support and manage competency and performance evaluation of the team, ensure learning process and operation discipline
* Work closely with the Maintenance team to achieve efficient planning and efficient and safe execution of PM's and CM's
* Work closely with the Wells team to achieve a safe and efficient operation of the wells Be a model operator
* Develop and sustain a high safety culture, promote safe operations, encourage and recognise good behaviours and coach staff when and where required
* Ensure process safety and plant integrity. Be in charge of CPF Area
* Supervise the entire process of validation, opening and closing of work permits and associated permits.
* Identify risks and propose mitigations, manage ORA compliance.
* Follow-up on incidents, foster good investigation and challenge root cause identification
* Be part of the teams involved in the management of emergency situations.
* Promote and Participate in Hazid, Hazop, RCA - ensure that actions are closed.
* Ensure the procedures, PID's and operating manuals are up to date, and propose updates when required.
* Ensure that operating instructions are kept and passed between workstations and reliefs (Handovers).
* Manage direct interfaces with Sonatrach colleagues and Key Contractors in order to establish & maintain good relationships, to promote a one team culture and to maximize the use of the corporate strengths of organisation
* Maximise production uptime and reliability by ensuring that KPIs are properly defined, assessed, and followed-up.
* Liaise with other departments within GTG: HSE, Maintenance, Technical, wells, procurement and General services
* Ensure the optimization of the operating parameters of the installations, the analysis and reporting of the problems
* Monitor compliance and optimize the product specifications, environmental discharge and consumption of chemicals.
* Make equipment available for carrying out maintenance, inspection or modification programs.
* Participate in the preparation of three-year and ten-year inspection programs.
* Deliver Production reporting, forecasting and optimization, Plant condition reporting
* Ensure that anomalies and underperformance are addressed with effective recovery plans
Experience & Qualifications:
* University Degree (Bac+5) - Relevant discipline, Operations Engineer / Process Engineering
* A significant breadth of similar experience gained within the Oil and Gas sector, typically as OIM offshore or Onshore
* Significant experience in production operations management including onshore operation and gas production operations: experience in gas treatment, especially decarbonation, mercury removal, dehydration and cold process will be valued.
* Experience working in a JV environment is strongly preferred
* Proven contribution to safety and delivery. Deep understanding and commitment to process safety and personal safety
* Performance management experience, Control system experience and Start Up/Shutdown/Turnaround experience
* Excellent communication skills, applied in written, spoken or electronic media in multicultural, multilanguage environment
* Strong leadership skills to command, organize work and manage a workforce made up of national and foreign personnel (partners and / or subcontractors), and accomplished at internal and external stakeholder management
Fluency in French or Arabic is required almost a must, Fluency in English is required
* Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in.
* Demonstrate HSE Leadership and contribute to GTG Safety performance and Culture
* Makes tough, well-timed, and informed decisions and able to communicate and make the case for those.
* Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
* Works effectively in a JV structure: able to prioritize and discuss with counterparts having different objectives and point of view and reach an aligned target to work as a team
* Strong motivation, tenacity and working capacity to carry out long term objectives
Encourages and fosters teamwork with a goal
* Shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
* Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders
* Brings competence and drive to the table
* Rigorous reasoning, strong numerical skills
* Strong problem-solving capability
* Ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations
* Proven track record in operations and involvement in start-ups and operation readiness
* Proven experience in dealing with multicultural and large organisations, ability to manage skill gaps
* Proven experience in managing teams of 50 to 100 persons
* Control of Major Emergencies and IM capable
* Professional understanding process safety and procedures (Risk assessments, ORAs, overrides, Leaks and Seeps, Alarm rates, operating envelope), of Lab procedures and expectations, and of fiscal Production reporting.
* Understanding of Wells and Well service, maintenance management, integrity management, minor brownfield engineering and construction in order to execute diligently Operation director DoA when needed.
* Able to understand hazards and stop work if required, conducts management Safety walks as required
* Excellence in HSE is demanded and integral to everything we do. Head of Operation should be a role model and support compliance with the GTG Life Saving Rules.
* Personal commitment to ethical operations and respect to all individuals across all organisations is a must.
* Take responsibility of actions and results, personally commit to the success of the company.
* Acknowledge that only together can we grow, only in partnership can we succeed - and foster this behaviour within the team and colleagues
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062234.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.