- Posted 29 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
Role Title - Grid Connections Engineer
Line Manager - Connections Development Manager
Department - Development
Location - Reading (60/40 Hybrid Working)
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date, the company has constructed over 120 grid-scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage, are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change, there has never been a better or more exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
Our Development Team is growing! We are hard-working, approachable, and have achieved significant success in progressing our development projects to date. We have a 100% planning success rate, and we want to maintain this whilst continuing to strategically target growth in areas of development for solar, battery storage and wind projects. We hope you want to join us on this exciting journey of taking a pivotal role in the UK's net zero carbon transition.
Our company Values
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we embrace innovation, we are focused, and strive to be the best we can be. At Anesco we are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed to causing no harm to people or the environment.
Due to our phenomenal growth, and as part of Anesco's growing development team, we are seeking a Grid Connection Engineer. You will be responsible for obtaining new grid connections, completing grid studies, and working closely with DNOs and internal teams to progress Anesco's new pipeline of solar PV and battery storage projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Performs grid connection studies of renewable energy sites
- Reviews and assesses Connection Offers and Budget Estimates issued by the DNO for their technical and commercial requirements
- Works with the EPC for grid-connected related matters
- Submits G99 applications to the DNO
- Reviews/designs technical drawings for submission
- Works with Project developers to identify land parcels for development
- Collaborate and liaise with EPC group and Engineering team
- Liaises and builds rapport with DNO, ICP and Consultants for compliance and technical requirements
- Organise and keep records of updates of ongoing and potential projects
- Performs any other duties as required
Skills & Competencies
- Good organisational and analytical skills
- Proficiency in power systems analysis
- Proficient using the standard Microsoft Office software (primarily Word, Excel, and MS Project)
- Self-driven, ability to work autonomously and with minimum supervision
- Works well under pressure, achieving tight deadlines within a sometimes-demanding environment
- Commercially astute, able to identify key value drivers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Always upholds our values and the reputation of the Company
Qualifications & Experience
- An engineering degree in a relevant field Power Systems Engineering/ Electrical Engineering
- Previous engineering experience gained within the electricity industry
- Knowledge and experience with HV and EHV grid connections, standards, regulations, and requirements
- Worked in a DNO, IDNO or ICP background
- Experience in designing solar power, battery, and windfarm generation
- Experience in Distribution Network Operator (DNO) connection and testing requirements and design implications
- Experience in Health safety and environmental risk management processes
- Experience in phyton scripting and IPSA
- Knowledge of the use of LTDS and other public data available for studies
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.