- Posted 27 April 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameFinlay Asher
We have a current opportunity for a Grid Connections Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Reading. For further information about this position please apply.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Performs grid connection studies of renewable energy sites.
- Reviews and assesses Connection Offers and Budget Estimates issued by the DNO for their technical and commercial requirements.
- Works with the EPC for grid-connected related matters.
- Reviews/designs technical drawings for submission.
- Works with Project developers to identify land parcels for development.
- Collaborate and liaise with EPC group and Engineering team.
- Liaises and builds rapport with DNO, ICP and Consultants for compliance and technical requirements.
- Good organisational and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in power systems analysis.
- Proficient using the standard Microsoft Office software (primarily Word, Excel, and MS Project).
Qualifications and Experience:
- An engineering degree in a relevant field Power Systems Engineering/ Electrical Engineering.
- Previous engineering experience gained within the electricity industry.
- Knowledge and experience with HV and EHV grid connections, standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Worked in a DNO, IDNO or ICP background.
- Experience in designing solar power, battery, and windfarm generation.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.