Global Product Technical Engineer
1 year initial contract
Hourly Pay Rate: $26-30/hr
Orion Group is seeking a highly motivated and solutions-focused Staff Service Engineer for our global Biotech client in Chaska, MN. This role will be an on-site position providing support for in-house instrumentation and will be working to troubleshoot and maintain industrial diagnostic machines (medical devices).
Ideal candidates will have experience troubleshooting electronics, pneumatics, and software issues. We are seeking engineers who are pro-active, energetic, and with a strong customer service mindset.
* Provide on-site service support, including installation, repair, modifications, and preventive maintenance for in-house instrumentation.
* Complete documentation for all service activities - Review products and distribute troubleshooting aids for field personnel.
* Document and distribute technical information regarding resolutions to field problems, hardware and software changes, and product quality improvements.
* Determine appropriate preventive maintenance procedures, parts kits, and schedules to ensure effective on-going instrument maintenance.
* Review service manual documentation to ensure accuracy and current revision levels.
* Perform in-house testing of hardware and software changes prior to distribution.
* Ensure that all supporting documentation is accurate and complete.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* A Bachelors or Associates degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge is required.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing, field service, or electrical engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering backgrounds are preferred)
* Must have good aptitude working w/ mechanical or electronic instruments (Medical Device industry is preferred)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
* Must have demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills.
* Able to work under pressure and have a good work ethic
* Someone with a customer-service mindset
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.