Global Planning Lead
- Posted 05 September 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Global Planning Lead, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for set-up, implementation and education on global planning frameworks, guidelines, procedures and standards covering E&P minor modifications to Major, New Energy and Decommissioning projects
* Interface with the other Projects & Engineering service functions such as cost, estimating & document control to facilitate integrated global support.
* As a part of independent project readiness review team, support, challenge and endorse all project planning documentation at project check point reviews in line with project governance and assurance framework
* Audits and inspections of both regional and project specific planning processes to ensure compliance with global guidelines and a consistent approach is adopted across Projects & Engineering
* Support project set-up in the kick-off phase and support recruitment selection for project planning positions
* Establish planning community of practice
* Interface with and build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, 3rd Party Contractor Teams (if applicable) and Company Business Groups.
* Participate in risk reviews and probabilistic analysis as necessary
* Facilitate and support planning software roll out across regions
* Actively drive continuous function improvement and develop planning strategy through identification of areas for potential improvement via lessons learned from completed projects, and also through expert knowledge of planning. Manage improvement action implementation through monitoring of project planning performance
* Support the development and implementation of the wider project controls and services global guidelines, procedures, and standards
* Ad-hoc direct planning support to both projects and Operations within the business, including ownership of the Projects & Engineering Level 0 Master Control Schedule for all Major Projects
* Actively participate in HSEQ strategy to ensure expectations for the function are met
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to a degree or HNC level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (preferred)
* Extensive experience in project planning within P&E.
* Track record of continuous professional development
* Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others
* Ability to work pro-actively under own initiative with minimum supervision
* Both onshore and offshore planning experience (preferred)
* Experience within an operating asset environment
* Have a good appreciation of both topsides and subsea works in Greenfield, Brownfield and Decommissioning environments
* Sound knowledge of Primavera P6
* Relevant planning experience and relevant experience in a senior planning role
* Must be fluent in English
*Ability to influence and persuade
* Experience in a relevant industry position where robust project planning is key to the ongoing success of the business
* Ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and a track record of delivering results
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Good communication, networking, facilitation and presentation skills.
* Team player with ability to build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, Company Business Groups, and external parties.
* Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and ethical behaviour
* Prioritise workload, resolve conflicts and manage relationships.
* Commitment to core values.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062026.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.