- Posted 02 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Geomechanics Technical Authority, based in Aberdeen.
* Act as TA1 for Geomechanics discipline in the company
* Define company's standard for Geomechanics discipline
* Define safety critical competencies for Geomechanics function
* Establish safety critical competency management system for Geomechanics function
* Support and train the company to increase knowledge and skills for GM discipline Support Subsurface in plume modelling in relation to CO2 injection wells in New Energy Storage projects
* Audit and assure compliance with global geomechanics discipline technical standard
* Work closely with Operations Geologists and Drilling Engineers on all well delivery and well planning related matters.
* Establish common minimum required work process for PPFG prediction, Borehole stability for full life of well delivery process, including minimum required review points by TA function
* Ensure integration of MS for its discipline between all relevant functions
* Define recommended and integrated dataflow and architecture for Geomechanics discipline for full life of well delivery process, including recommended and integrated software applications to support subsurface, D&W, production requirements
* Ensure quality of service and coordinate additional resources from suppliers of Geomechanics services to the company
* Support and Assure global Geomechanics deliverables for Subsurface, D&W, Production and New Energy Functions in the company
* Support RT PP and BHS execution for Drilling activities in the company and/ or oversee 3rd party services for such activities
Experience & Qualifications:
* MSc or higher equivalent degree relevant to discipline and role
* Extensive relevant experience
* Excellent communicator
* Structured and analytic
* Fluent in English (oral and written) language skills
* Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
* Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions (when applicable)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/061947.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.