Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Geologist, based in Aberdeen.
* Carry out geological interpretations and support for dynamic synthesis studies in association with other geosciences disciplines.
* Implement best technical practice (e.g. reservoir modelling, stratigraphic & structural modelling, petrophysical characterization, petroleum system analysis, prospect definition and risking) and provide technical recommendations to the GSR management team.
* Effectively present work conclusions both written and verbal to internal and HQ peer reviews and subsurface committees.
* Initiate and support both in-house and external studies to resolve technical issues and develop an awareness of budget and study timing implications.
* Conduct subsurface geological evaluation work (e.g. well correlations/structural & stratigraphic mapping) that is presented accurately, on time and of an appropriate quality.
* Provide geological input for development or nearby exploration well validation, positioning and data acquisition programmes, and follow drilling operations in coordination with the Operations Geology team.
* Perform efficient data management and follow best practices for reporting and archiving work.
Experience & Qualifications:
* BSc Hons Degree in Geology (MSc preferred) with Relevant experience in the oil industry.
* Good knowledge and understanding of all aspects of geological techniques, and exploration/development geology.
* Knowledge of geological interpretation software.
* Good understanding of geophysics, operations geology, petrophysics, and principles of reservoir engineering and exploration and development geology.
* Some production/reservoir geology experience desirable.
* Ability to work within a team and having good communication skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069319.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.