- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Geo-Spatial Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Production of controlled maps for internal and external issue, this will include survey layouts,
anchor patterns, engineering design and as built\as laid drawings.
* Geospatial Analysis using ArcGIS in support of business decision making.
* Environmental permit mapping for regulator submission.
* Assisting in the preparation of datasets for North Sea Transition Authority Section 34
Infrastructure and Pipeline Submission (Call for Data).
* Production of datasets to support offshore vessel operations
* Receive, review and storage of third party provided GIS data.
* Well data loading and quality control
* Creation of metadata and maintenance of layer files.
* Publication of maps to corporate knowledge management systems.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Education: Bachelor's degree (BSc), Master's degree (MSc) in a directly related Geoinformation
Science or related geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University
* Significant work experience providing cartography services for multi-national integrated
energy companies operating in the UK Continental Shelf.
* GIS track record, including proficiency with standard GIS applications (ESRI Desktop) and data
layers and files
* Experience in the use of ESRI Desktop, Server GIS applications, SQL, FME, AutoCAD, spatial
programming would be advantageous
* Knowledge of UK marine & environmental datasets
* Knowledge of the importance of Coordinate Reference Systems
* Good knowledge of common data issues relevant to Geo-Information management
* Digital cartographic and map production skills and use of Spatial Analyst extension
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055404.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.