- Posted 13 September 2022
- Salary PAYE
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
General Ledger Accountant
Location - Grangemouth
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting Accounting Referent in the preparation of monthly management accounts and year-end statutory accounts and audit.
- Verifying and updating balance sheet and profit and loss account structures in accordance with the accounting rules in force;
- Ensuring that major control accounts agree to underlying transactions and that these are in line with applicable accounting standard and chart of accounts, following company SAP rules if and when required;
- Analyse and rectify any discrepancies:
- Adjust the monthly subscriptions of expenses not regularly distributed during the year according to new information
- Trigger the request to update the provisions for risks and charges
- Justify any changes in achievements
- Prepare and post journals, maintain accruals and prepayments, - request correction of anomalies found, create accounting entries
- Preparation of VAT returns and Government statistical returns
- Maintain Fixed Asset summaries and reports.
- Capitalise Fixed Assets as required.
- Analysis for review of General Ledger accounts as required, including depreciation and amortisation forecasts.
- Assist with the preparation of tax returns, including VAT.
A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position dealing with general accounting (UK GAAP / IFRS).
Graduate will be considered
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.