FLNG Structural Engineer needed, based in China, up to £95k
- Are you an experienced FPSO Structural Engineer?
- Do you have at least eight years of experience in the field of Naval/LQ Engineering of Floating Units?
- Do you have a strong background in the offshore oil and gas industry?
If so, keep on reading.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating a team of specialist engineers, ensuring the quality, consistency, and timely execution of the Hull and LQ engineering activities for FLNG floating units. You will play a vital role in ensuring that contractor designs and specifications meet project objectives, engineering requirements, and industry best practices.
- Coordinate engineering disciplines to ensure the quality and consistency of Hull & LQ system definition.
- Complete engineering activities according to project plan, ensuring overall technical integrity of FLNG Hull & LQ Systems
- Ensure delivery of accurate as built and vendor documentation.
- Guarantee consistency, quality, and cost-effectiveness of Hull & LQ system design, in compliance with International Standards, Project specifications, Company Guidelines, and engineering best practices
- Assure compliance with all relevant norms, local rules, Company Standards, and International best practices for accident prevention, human protection, environmental impact reduction, and energy efficiency
- Ensure compliance of structural design and construction with agreed contract requirements, including project specifications and standards
- Provide technical input to other disciplines to facilitate smooth development of engineering activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Naval Engineer or Civil/Structural Engineer or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Offshore Oil & Gas Industries
- At least 8 years of experience in Naval / LQ Engineering of Floating Units
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Engineering Coordinator
- Proficient in English
- Business Class Travel
- Local Transport
- Employee: 5 Return Trips pa to point of origin,
- Per Family member: 1 x return visit pa
- 30 days annual leave
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.