Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Financial Systems Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure effective and efficient accounting and reporting systems (SAP, eProcurement, Petrolook etc):
* Accountable for the reliability and availability of data in the ERP systems.
* Maintaining integrity of SAP finance related production environment, overseeing daily operational activities related to the SAP environment.
* Streamlining systems and procedures for accounting including month end processes, reporting, etc.
* Reviewing the use of the accounting and finance ERP system and other software packages ensuring that the financial and reporting systems are being used to their full potential whilst ensuring that best use practice is maintained.
* Responsible for critical SAP Financial Month end processing and co-ordination for alt entities, working very closely with the Financial Reporting team ensuring accuracy of the figures, being flexible to prior-period requirements. Workday 1 to 5 requires full time presence.
* Working with key stakeholders in the configuration, development, support, maintenance and deployment of SAP finance related business applications as well as supporting processes.
* Responsible for creation and maintenance of all SAP master data updates and queries ensuring our strict standardized guidelines are followed.
* Managing SAP access approvals for sensitive roles and providing assistance with SOD reporting and Access Reviews.
* Perform adhoc projects as directed by the supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experienced in using SAP ERP system and Microsoft Office suite of programmes. Should be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), in most of the financial modules of SAP, Fl,CO, JV, PS & AM in particular.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and exposure to Exploration & Production Accounting and related accounting standards, including knowledge of SOAPs and Joint Venture agreements as they apply to the company.
* Acts as an expert and mentor to teams in terms of technical knowledge and system utilization.
* Strong communication skills in all areas
* Accepts accountability and responsibility. Takes the initiative to get things done and follow through on commitments.
* Has the ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and to manage several projects and tasks concurrently. Capability to prioritise work and to meet tight deadlines. Brings solutions, not problems, to the table and constantly seeks new and better ways to carry out responsibilities.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063835.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.