M-F (3days onsite-T, W,TR/2days remote-M&F
North Chicago, IL
The Financial Analyst will support payment processes for external consultant engagements. The role is responsible for the financial compliance reconciliation and review of payment requests as well as developing and maintaining necessary documentation according to departmental policies to meet quick turnarounds for payment requests.
The Financial Analyst will assist in the execution of the annual monitoring plan by conducting internal monitoring and other auditing assessments of compliance related activities. As part of a continuous improvement process, the position will assist in the identification and assessment of gaps in the internal processes to communicate any such gaps to upper management and support areas in the implementation of recommendations and action plans to close those gaps as well as to develop, maintain and monitor compliance to those action plans.
In addition, the role is responsible for capturing, reporting, analyzing and managing all required data related to the Sunshine Act reporting to the federal government as per internally established policies and procedures. This position is responsible for ensuring the company is in compliance with the most current federal regulations and laws pertinent to the reporting of payments made or value given to HCPs and HCOs.
This position shall make sure that direction is given internally to the sales force and other sales areas who deal with HCPs and HCOs so as to ensure any needed changes based on any changes to the law or policies are implemented as per corporate guidance or other internal needs. The position is responsible for assessing gaps in the internal processes to communicate to upper management and implement key performance measurements (KPIs) to close those gaps as well as to develop, maintain and monitor KPIs to measure compliance.
- Perform financial review of payment requests, ensuring completeness and accuracy of documentation and ensure alignment to compliance requirements
* Possess a broad understanding of payment methods across the organization (e.g., PO, ACR, etc.)
* Ensure accurate transparency reporting
* Requisition purchase orders for HCP spend
* Communicate payment timeline issues to business owners
* Closeout meeting activities ensuring compliance requirements
* Resolve payment and reporting issues
* Identify process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies, processes, and procedures assisting the Compliance Operations Manager through the Finance and Ethics and Compliance function in supporting the execution of an effective compliance program for the PR Affiliate.
- Maintain in depth knowledge and understanding of all key compliance state and federal laws and regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes appropriate documents and evidence.
- Perform the monthly generation of cash disbursements file in order to classify transactions into corresponding Sunshine Act/CIA categories as per Corporate guidance and policies, and select reportable transactions for the month
- Ensure coordination of back up requests with AP area to ensure documentation is reviewed when selecting reportable transactions
- Coordinate each month with the Third Party Vendors ("TPV") the receipt of the TPV reportable data as per established deadlines. Also, coordinate and manage TPV Processes.
- Maintain communication and coordination with MEI (Meetings events international) or selected vendor and PPD as it pertains to MEI data and processes for reporting PR transactions as well as to flag any issues in the usage of this TPV.
- Monthly data entry of all reportable transactions into the Expense Manager tool (EM) from the various sources: A/P system, TPV reports, and Manpower transactions if any.
- On a monthly basis populate the most resent version of the "Aggregate Spend Collection form" to enter the fields with reportable aggregate transactions for the period and load it into EM.
- On a monthly basis investigate and correct pending errors in EM: manually entered or from CTE (Recipient Level Errors ó Record Validation Error)
- Attend meetings and conference calls, as needed
- Prepare monthly reconciliation (excluding CTE items)
- Work with data review and correction for requests sent by Financial Compliance Team.
- Maintain constant and open communication with the following areas: Sales/Commercial Area and OEC areas, Corporate OEC and Area Finance.
- Support other team members, as necessary
- Secures financial information by keeping information confidential.
- Complete monitoring of compliance training processes and communicate gaps on a timely manner to functional area responsible for training so as to support compliance with training targets.
- Maintain tracking and distribution of controlled documentation.
- Documents and evaluates company processes according to compliance monitoring procedures for transactions being monitored.
- Ensures all monitoring procedures and activities are carried out and documented in accordance with Standard Operating procedures and policies as defined by the Company.
- Compiles and analyzes the affiliate information in order to monitor transactions performed by the company and making the appropriate comparison between amounts recorded and support included for such recording by checking amounts, reviewing details, and reconciling figures. Identify any inconsistency and analyze data so that it can be accurately documented.
- Performs monitoring tasks, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing, evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
- Provides support for monitoring, documenting and providing recommendations on the compliance of operations and procedures to the internal policies, procedures, as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Support management in strategic initiatives and teams, as directed.
Accountable for accuracy and quality of financial analysis and timeliness of performing monitoring procedures, Sunshine Act/Transparency related projects and regular work completion.
- Assure that the day to day operations and tasks are carried out in accordance with established policies and procedures. Position will receive guidance from Compliance Operations Manager.
- Position will receive project assignments with scope and goals defined.
- The precision and scope of the work performed in reporting of transactions to US Financial Compliance Team and OEC Global Strategic and Monitoring Team has a direct and material impact in the business at a local and corporate level given the implications of non-compliance for the Corporation as a whole.
This position will not have budgetary responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Master's degree or CPA preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Capable of handling multiple priorities
- Proficient PC software (Microsoft) and various database applications (Lotus Notes/Web applications)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Leadership ability, highly motivated and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- One to three years' experience in Accounting/Finance
- Reporting experience and documentation of findings.
- Knowledge of Transparency/Sunshine Act regulations and related federal government rules preferred
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to proactively and creatively solve problem
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.