- Posted 10 November 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
We are seeking an Accountant with experience of statutory accounting for our oil & gas service client based in Aberdeen. This will be an initial 6 month contract with a good likelihood to extend.
Hybrid working is available based around 3 days in the office and 2 at home.
Candidates with experience of SAP and/or Oracle would be advantageous, as well as experience of financial compliance (SOX).
* Support preparation of statutory financial statements and dealing with external auditors.
* Responsible for designing and implementing internal controls over financial reporting, including accounting policy implementations, SOX, distributed controllership, process simplification and internal controls over IPP monitoring and risk.
* Serve as controllership experts on financial system and ERP implementations.
* Elaborates proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field.
* Handles communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered.
* Contributes to project as a team member.
* Work goals typically take 1-3 month to complete and results are seen immediately or within 1-2 months
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a relevant experience in Finance).
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055851.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.