- Posted 15 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameIona Larnach
Finance and Operations Manager
Reporting to: CEO
44.01 is a CO2 removal company focused on fighting climate change. We are developing pioneering technology to mineralise CO2 in subsurface geological formations, enabling the safest and most durable form of CO2 removal.
Our mission is to make CO2 mineralisation feasible, accessible, and scalable. We are a mission- driven business focused on innovation, purpose, risk-taking, doing the right thing, and challenging the status quo.
Our goals over the next 18 months include deploying our first commercial mineralisation sinks, deploying our first commercial-scale direct air capture (DAC) and point-source capture (PSC) projects, and validating the commercial viability of our mineralisation-as-a-service (MaaS) business model by engaging with commercial technology partners, offtakers, financiers, and regulatory entities in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Your work has the potential to directly shape our fight against climate change. Your contribution will help us achieve our goal of mineralising 1 Gt of CO2 by 2040.
About the role:
The Finance and Operations Manager will have a strong focus on the financial and operational aspects of the business and will be responsible for managing functions such as company finance, tax, shareholder engagement, business operations, project structuring, and legal affairs of the business. The role requires strategic out-of-the-box thinking as well as technical know- how to support 44.01's ambitious and innovative carbon removal operations.
What you'll do:
- Support the CEO in executing the company's Mission and Vision
- Participates in the day-to-day operation and execution of the company's strategy
- Oversee accounts management, document controlling, and procurement
- Act as Company Secretary and Board Administrator
- Engage in Shareholder relations
- Manage end of year audits and preparation for AGMs
- Organise subsidiary financial statements
- Liaise with 3rd party service providers to support the company's operations,
- Ensure the company's compliance with policies, laws, and regulations
- Responsible for due diligence and negotiation on new projects
- Serve as a thought partner on the company's operations
- Support the CEO in coordinating with all business functions ensuring they have the resources to execute
- Engage with company's suppliers and negotiate terms with them
- Assist with procurement related to project requirements
- Support with shareholder and Board engagement and presentations
Who you are:
- Financial expert with a commercial mindset and an attention to detail
- Skilled at problem-solving, critical thinking, multi-tasking and managing relationships
- Able to work autonomously and able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritise competing priorities
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting
- Preference given to holders of a professional accountancy qualification
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a related field
- Experience in multiple jurisdictions
- Comfortable with domestic and international travel
What's in it for you...
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business
- To be part of a team that will invest in your career grow
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.