Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Field Technologist, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure that safety requirements are effectively taken into account in production activities (PTW, RA).
* Administer and co-ordinate actions relating to Downgraded Situations.
* Administer and co-ordinate actions for long term inhibits.
* Manage the alarm management review process, developing RFM cases for permanent modifications as required.
* Ensure that Environmental requirements are effectively taken into account in all activities
* Witness/report on Xmas tree valve integrity testing.
* Witness HIPS testing and ensure paperwork is completed and returned to Instrument Technical Authority (TA) in Aberdeen for validation.
* Witness ESD & Blowdown testing ensure paperwork is completed and returned to Aberdeen for validation.
* Liaise with the Well Performance Engineer on well production, Smart room on all production transportation related issues, and Subsea Group on subsea equipment, flowline and pipeline issues to ensure overall efficient operations and optimisation of subsea hydrocarbons production and transport. Issues the latest set of required well operating parameters.
* Monitor subsea facilities, perform flow management studies and issue recommendations for optimum performance.
* Liaise Smart Room on all issues related to production optimisation of SGP facilities
* Monitor SGP facilities for drop in performance and identify requirements for intervention. This should include pumps, compressors, and heat exchangers.
* Thoroughly prepare all flowlines pigging operations, monitor progress of the operations and issue technical reports detailing results and future improvements.
* Act as SGP focal point for PMS and OFMS systems.
* Liaises with GMOC Site Representative on maintenance issues related to the process.
* Act as a SGP focal point for technical issues and ensure an early reply/solution from Smart Room.
* Make entries into Synergi - Monitor and comment on database tracking ongoing queries.
* Assist or manage operations activities such as commissioning and start-up of small projects and during planned shutdowns.
* Act as 'vessel leader' during planned shutdowns.
* Input to site morning reports
* Gather all data, inputs and producing reports to provide data to Aberdeen support teams to determine subsea facilities and site performance indicators.
* Participate in RCA's.
* Issue reports for all unplanned shutdowns/breakdowns using technical report from the specialist disciplines with recommendations for corrective actions and maintaining database of actions (Synergi).
* Ensure all data is in line with shortfall reporting.
* Ensure that production activities are performed in accordance with UK Regulations, Company Rules, subsea procedures and work instructions.
* When responsible for equipment, ensure compliance with Operations Integrity Assurance and Verification Scheme (OIAVS) requirements.
* Maintain SPS and SGP operational procedures and documents, updating as required in order to maintain their accuracy.
* Maintain OCR Register up to date.
* Support Operations team to raise and prioritise modifications in RFM system.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified to degree level in Engineering/Technology with relevant industry experience in flow assurance with practical engineering or production /maintenance operations experience on both surface and subsea facilities.
* Good communication skills are essential as is the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064463.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.