Field Sales Engineer
- Posted 20 June 2022
- Salary €40000 - €45001 per annum + medical insurance,pension,23 days holiday
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameJohn Kelleher
Orion Group Lifesciences are delighted to exclusively partner with a leading supplier of Process Equipment & Engineering Solutions for the Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Semi-Conductor, Food & Beverage Industries.
An exciting opportunity available for a Field Sales Engineer on a permanent role based in Cork.
Based on site Cork headquarters & reporting to the Operations Manager this position is responsible for the inspection, repair, and assembly of Process Control equipment sold or serviced.
Duties of the role include:
- Field Service work of product located on site including Pumps, Controls valves and other equipment within the company portfolio.
- In-house service including Assessment, Repair & Overhaul of process equipment.
- Technical liaison with Service Co-coordinator supporting company service quotations, orders and other related department or company requirements.
- Responsibility for upkeep / maintenance of workshop - Including company Tools, Equipment & Assets.
- Adherence to companies ISO 9001 Quality, and Health & Safety procedures.
- Other duties as required to support business requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of knowledge/expertise of mechanical & electronic process control equipment.
- Technical problem solving & trouble shooting ability.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- The ability to work with people at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally.
- Role does require travel in Ireland & overnight stays on occasion.
Minimum education and work experience required:
- Mechanical engineering academic &/or trade qualification.
- Electrical/Electronic engineering experience &/or qualification would also be advantageous.
- Related industry work experience in repairing, overhauling, assembling mechanical capital equipment such as process pumps, valves & other such equipment.
Contract type: Permanent - Full time role.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.