- Posted 19 April 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Field Joint Coating Graduate Engineer
Competitive salary plus flexible benefits package
The Field Joint Coating Graduate engineer will define and specify field joint coating systems in line with client requirements and will follow subcontractor's activities from qualification to production on-board vessels or work site, under direct supervision.
You will be involved on projects and tenders. Supports tender submissions and follows the delivery of basic Field Joint Coating projects, all under direct supervision:
- Establishes coating requirements in accordance with applicable specifications, codes and standards
- Prepares specifications, scope of work and all documentation related to the field Joint coating activities,
- Reviews and clarifies offers received from subcontractors,
- Follows subcontractors, reviews documentation, assists to qualifications activities at Suppliers facilities and reviews mobilisation activities (all around the world),
- Can attend basic FJC start-up activities on worldwide production sites and follow production activities.
- Monitors performance of subcontractors with junior capacity,
- Assists in developing and implementing effective risk management solutions
- Assists in maintaining effective communication with clients and other departments
- Assists in taking safety into account at design stage and operational stage, making effort to become aware of all relevant safety objectives
- Assists Supply Chain Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in materials science, preferentially polymers, or equivalent. May have some work experience.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.