913577 - Facilities Manager
Established in Scotland in 1987, Orion Group has achieved consistent growth over the ensuing 30 years and is now an international leader in the provision of personnel to the Oil and Gas / Rail and wider Engineering Industries.
Today Orion Group manages the placement of thousands of contractors every year via our worldwide network of 57 offices throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
- Interacting with Uganda Operators to ensure upstream FEED in Uganda is within budget and schedule.
- Working with Uganda Operators (Total and CNOOC) to seek cost reductions, quality and IFC compliance
- Work with Technical Director on Senior Management, Partner and Government interactions on FEED related issues.
- The Engineering/Project Manager will work with the Uganda Non-op Team and the Operators' (CNOOC and Total) Engineering teams to:
- Support high quality, on schedule and on budget FEED for Uganda upstream and midstream development, including:
- Managing FEED and other contractors - ensuring performance goals are clear and delivered against
- Ensuring communication and consistency between the Uganda Development Team and the FEED Contractor
- Co-ordinate data acquisition, permits, approvals for all FEED related activity including water abstraction surveys, site surveys.
- Seek cost effective solutions and drive for fit for purpose approaches for the Kenya development.
- Support and drive appropriate value engineering exercises
- Provide functional and technical input and guidance to Uganda upstream FEED to ensure that the goals are met within schedule and budget.
- Challenge Partners to ensure that value is maximized on Uganda asset.
Our client is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company with HQ in London, UK. Their focus is on finding and monetising oil in Africa and the Atlantic Margins and currently boast a portfolio over 120 licences spans 21 countries.
- Tertiary - facilities or process engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience in onshore oil and gas development
- Experience of onshore FEED
- Delivery of projects in an onshore oil and gas environment with strong multi-disciplinary skills
- Ideally used to international frontier onshore environments.
- Strong business value skills - drive for holistic business value
- Analytical capability, technical depth and excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Extensive experience of dealing with JV Partners and Government officials at senior levels
- Our clients values
- Able to influence across cultures and styles
- Collaborative style and multidisciplinary awareness
- Reacts quickly & flexibly to changing circumstances
- Uses initiative to ensure issues are overcome
- Seeks ways to find and apply best practice
- Adopts a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
- Leads with integrity and clarity
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
- Open, honest & reliable.